• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i need some help? please

Generally I think it's great, I'd probably be more inclined to use bullet points rather than lots of text, as it makes it far easier for people to read, even if they are skim reading!!

I think it might help people to understand a bit more if there are some more 'because's ' as people don't like to be told what to do :roll: unless they understand why.

So, for example, I'd work it more like (this is only a bit of quick blurb) "Rabbits are frequently bought as a childs pet, however contrary to popular belief, they are not really suitable as pets for children and often end up overlooked in a hutch or given to a rescue centre. Children getting bored is sadly the most common reason for rabbits being given to rescue centres. If you are considering buying a rabbit as a child's pet, please consider the following:

- The most common reason that children get bored with their rabbit is because they cannot pick it up and cuddle it as they expected. Occasionally you will find an extremely friendly rabbit who seems to enjoy this, but mostly they are independent animals who prefer to be left to do their own thing. Unlike cats and dogs, rabbits are prey animals so their instinct tells them that being picked up means that they are going to be eaten. Young children are unable to understand this and want to pick up and cuddle the rabbit, without realising that this can be a very frightening experience for the animal. Frightened rabbits also can kick, bite and scratch if they think they are going to be picked up. Owners must be prepared to accept that rabbits are not like cats and dogs and to enjoy them as a pet on the rabbits own terms

- Rabbits have extremely strong back legs and can cause serious injury if they struggle whilst being handled, which is very common. Young children are not strong or stable enough to make the rabbit feel secure or to handle a rabbit without risk of injury to themselves or the rabbit.

etc...

Sorry, I'm not trying to be critical, it's just that I write waffle for a living so I've got lots of experience at how to capture the target audience :wink:

...but let's not even go there on "children have a tendency to post unsuitable foodstuffs through the bars of the hutch"... :lol:

AlisonA said:
Generally I think it's great, I'd probably be more inclined to use bullet points rather than lots of text, as it makes it far easier for people to read, even if they are skim reading!!

I think it might help people to understand a bit more if there are some more 'because's ' as people don't like to be told what to do :roll: unless they understand why.

So, for example, I'd work it more like (this is only a bit of quick blurb) "Rabbits are frequently bought as a childs pet, however contrary to popular belief, they are not really suitable as pets for children and often end up overlooked in a hutch or given to a rescue centre. Children getting bored is sadly the most common reason for rabbits being given to rescue centres. If you are considering buying a rabbit as a child's pet, please consider the following:

- The most common reason that children get bored with their rabbit is because they cannot pick it up and cuddle it as they expected. Occasionally you will find an extremely friendly rabbit who seems to enjoy this, but mostly they are independent animals who prefer to be left to do their own thing. Unlike cats and dogs, rabbits are prey animals so their instinct tells them that being picked up means that they are going to be eaten. Young children are unable to understand this and want to pick up and cuddle the rabbit, without realising that this can be a very frightening experience for the animal. Frightened rabbits also can kick, bite and scratch if they think they are going to be picked up. Owners must be prepared to accept that rabbits are not like cats and dogs and to enjoy them as a pet on the rabbits own terms

- Rabbits have extremely strong back legs and can cause serious injury if they struggle whilst being handled, which is very common. Young children are not strong or stable enough to make the rabbit feel secure or to handle a rabbit without risk of injury to themselves or the rabbit.

etc...

Sorry, I'm not trying to be critical, it's just that I write waffle for a living so I've got lots of experience at how to capture the target audience :wink:

well come of then waffler :lol: :lol: :lol: can we have a rough draft from you to please.????

herer you go just had a call from a lady who wants one bun for kids 2 & 4, when i told her rabbist are prey animals thats rent comfortable with being picked up she said" well with kids they WILL HAVE TO get used to it wont they" :shock: :shock: errrrrrr NO!

:lol: Sounds like a prime candidate for a "rabbits will bite, kick and scratch" story!! Perhaps I'll try and give Harry a cuddle later and take a photo of the resulting war wounds for added emphasis :wink:

Will have a proper think later when I'm not at work :wink:

AlisonA said:
:lol: Sounds like a prime candidate for a "rabbits will bite, kick and scratch" story!! Perhaps I'll try and give Harry a cuddle later and take a photo of the resulting war wounds for added emphasis :wink:

Will have a proper think later when I'm not at work :wink:

i can provide many scar photos of bunny scratches for you alison! :lol: :lol:

Back