• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I love Hay for Pets!!

We might have to tell hay4pets that if you google 'hay4pets' we're the only site that comes up. lol lol!

I'm off for a visit!

We might have to tell hay4pets that if you google 'hay4pets' we're the only site that comes up. lol lol!

I'm off for a visit!

Haha I know!

The hay is brilliant quality:) The ings hay I got last time wasn't great, the buns won't touch it, but everyone else has gotten lovely green ings hay so I think mine was just a bad batch:lol:
The meadow hay is :love:

Haha I know!

The hay is brilliant quality:) The ings hay I got last time wasn't great, the buns won't touch it, but everyone else has gotten lovely green ings hay so I think mine was just a bad batch:lol:

i ordered the timothy and rye hay, hopefully they like it! there not really fussy with their hay though they will eat anything, aslong as its fresh :)

i ordered the timothy and rye hay, hopefully they like it! there not really fussy with their hay though they will eat anything, aslong as its fresh :)

Lucky you! Nahla and Cupcake aren't fussy but Benji won't eat anything. Although, he's been caught eating the hay for pets meadow hay:p

Haha I know!

That's what I ordered - hope mine's ok.

my three love the timothy and rye which is great because stalkier hay is better for their teeth :)
they're much like yours and have never been picky but I couldn't believe how quickly they wolf this stuff down. It's like a double whammy, they're eating more and it's better for them in the first place.

Obviously the best thing is just to get them eating as much hay as possible, no matter what kind, but if the buns like stalky hay I definitely think it's worth getting the timothy, especially when it's the same price as the meadow hay.:D

I only buy meadow hay too, and at only £15 for nearly 10kgs from hay for pets... I think I'll be sticking with it:D

Right! I've just done the maths. Today I spent £25.84 for 4 packs (16kg) of meadow hay from the Hay Experts (including postage); which comes to £1.62 per kg.

9.5kg of meadow hay from hay for pets costs £15, which comes to £1.58 per kg. There isn't much difference in the price of the meadow hay, but I don't know if there is difference in the quality. :wave:

i'm waiting on my order aswell. i got some samples so getting the bigger bags now. got the timothy and rye and the soft meadow hay. they didn't like the ings hay but i may try some again next time, mix it in with the others. :)

Right! I've just done the maths. Today I spent £25.84 for 4 packs (16kg) of meadow hay from the Hay Experts (including postage); which comes to £1.62 per kg.

9.5kg of meadow hay from hay for pets costs £15, which comes to £1.58 per kg. There isn't much difference in the price of the meadow hay, but I don't know if there is difference in the quality. :wave:

For me I'm not bothered about the difference in price per kg, the bags at the hay experts used to cost me an absolute fotune and with postage on top, it was ridiculous. My buns love the meadow hay from hay4pets and it works out cheaper for me in the long run:lol: Plus, it's the only hay benji has ever eaten:shock:

After spending an absolute fortune on hay for years, I now buy mine from the local farm £3.50 a bale it will last me forever:wave:

Those of you who can get baled hay are very lucky, not everyone has the space to store such a large amount of hay :( If i could have baled hay, believe me, i would as it would save me a fortune, but the hay from H4P is 100% the next best thing, its basically baled hay, not baled as far as quality is concerned. It beats every type of bagged hay, hands down. I've tried about 30 different types!

That said, its also the BEST hay ive ever seen and the best for my rabbits, without a doubt so far - so all the time they are around, i will be using them, nothing else.

I'm very much in the bad books for running out, B&G are most disapproving.

Graham & Ann are the kindest, most lovely people. Graham emails me almost immediately if i drop him a line, he's always happy for feedback and to answer questions.

My bags were despatched and im waiting on the courier to deliver them now, i just can't wait. Never thought i'd ever get so excited about hay... :lol: :)

Those of you who can get baled hay are very lucky, not everyone has the space to store such a large amount of hay :( If i could have baled hay, believe me, i would as it would save me a fortune, but the hay from H4P is 100% the next best thing, its basically baled hay, not baled as far as quality is concerned. It beats every type of bagged hay, hands down. I've tried about 30 different types!

That said, its also the BEST hay ive ever seen and the best for my rabbits, without a doubt so far - so all the time they are around, i will be using them, nothing else.

I'm very much in the bad books for running out, B&G are most disapproving.

Graham & Ann are the kindest, most lovely people. Graham emails me almost immediately if i drop him a line, he's always happy for feedback and to answer questions.

My bags were despatched and im waiting on the courier to deliver them now, i just can't wait. Never thought i'd ever get so excited about hay... :lol: :)

Mine is being posted today as well:D I'm excited to receive it:lol: and you're right about them being lovely, I emailed them last night saying I was a bit upset with my ings hay last time, and they've offered to send me some samples next time I order:D

Back