• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have to vent *sorry*

Status
Not open for further replies.
*hugs* I didn't read the origional thread, but I think you're in the right and don't want you to leave! It sounds like you're an animal lover through and through and do your best by them, who doesn't want people like that on the forum?! :wave::wave::wave::wave:

i know how you feel and i must admit im thinking of leaving this forum too

there are a few members i have seen that have there head to far up there own :censored: and cant see past there own views

but haven said that there are alot of nice people here too

the problem is people seem to see only the bad not any good at all

i did see the original post and there was comments on there that even i would have been :censored: at

Sarah, i was involved in the first thread, infact i think i was the first person to post after your initial one.

I do hope it wasn't one of my posts that caused this, i truly didn't mean it like that if it was, if so, please forgive me!

I appreciate how you feel, some people can come across aggressive by text and can appear very angry, which is my whole reason for disliking social networking sites, but thats a whole different story.

First and foremost, looking past the issues, the people on RU are mainly friendly and generally are looking out for the best interests of bunnies, but sometimes perhaps go about it the wrong way, but always want to help in their own little way.

I do hope your experience doesn't mean you will leave the forums, for what its worth, i think you did the right thing :)

Gray:wave:

It's easy to sit in judgement when on a forum, I shouldn't worry too much.

Personally, I think if someone has "lost" a bunny - tough :censored: - that's what padlocks are for - if your bun can liberate itself - you don't deserve them,, but i have refrained from saying that when we are all meant to be awwing in sympathy:oops::lol:

Graham - it wasn't you that upset me- you actually worded your reply very well with the words 'it could be considered theft'. :D

Thank you for all your replies of support I don't want to leave the forum as most of you are lovely and very helpful, and as Domnant said what is the alternative???????

Hey, we'll let this run so hopefully the issue can be resolved but no slagging off of the forum or talk of leaving please- tis against the rules.

Unfortunately there are a teeny weeny amount of people on here that respond in a way you don't expect them to. Appears the same on most forums, I was on MSE yesterday reading a post about ethical cat food and litter there were 2-3 members on there that were just going on about the fact that they were cats and it didn't matter what you fed them etc and one person was even going on about the fact that there are starving children in africa and why don't you spend your money on that instead!???? Some of them were really rude and went completely off topic. I think some people just like causing a bit of a hoo ha and to be honest next time someone replies to one of my posts like that I'm just going to ignore em. Then maybe they'll just go away.

PS before i start another hoo ha myself i never saw the original post so have no idea of what was said and who said what :lol:

hello there, i did see the original thread but can no longer find it now. i guess it was deleted, i was strongly opposed to the idea of "theft" and posted as such, i also said in my post that you should speak with the owners and put put up posters if this was done then i have no issues with your course of action and it is not deemed theft if owners consent was aquired to rehome. and i am always glad that a rabbit is safe, the reason i was so against the actions i believed you were taking is because as i previously explained my snowy was in fact "stolen" by someone after she escaped, and she has never been returned despite them no longer wanting her, i am always anxious to ensure that well loved pets are reunited with their owners and that the rabbit is genuinly "neglected or unwanted" and not that from the general seem of the rabbit this is the case. from what you have said it appears this rabbit was desperatly in need and the owners didnt care for that im very sad i am glad this rabbit is helped. im sorry if my words offended you they were not meant in that way only to make sure you had considered everything that may or not have been the case with this rabbit. im glad he/she is rehomed or being rehomed. x

Graham - it wasn't you that upset me- you actually worded your reply very well with the words 'it could be considered theft'. :D

Thank you for all your replies of support I don't want to leave the forum as most of you are lovely and very helpful, and as Domnant said what is the alternative???????

Well thats good then :) Thanks :)

Do you have any piccies of said rescued bunny wabbit?:wave:

It's easy to sit in judgement when on a forum, I shouldn't worry too much.

Personally, I think if someone has "lost" a bunny - tough :censored: - that's what padlocks are for - if your bun can liberate itself - you don't deserve them,, but i have refrained from saying that when we are all meant to be awwing in sympathy:oops::lol:

im sorry you feel this way i think it is harsh to put that. i have had escapologist bunnys and despite locks we can all make mistakes and bunnys can escape i do hope truely that none of your rabbits ever escape and are lost to you, im sorry you now feel i "dont deserve" my rabbits, becasue my rabbits had previously escaped, rabbits can sqeeze through narrow gaps they can jump high fences and despite protecting them as best we can there are occasions where rabbits can and will elude or out think us, it is terrible when it happens and an owner should do everythign they can to keep thier pets safe and to find them again once lost but to say you dont deserve them is quite sad and a very narrow minded opinion. i feel so strongly on this matter but do not want this thread to become a slagging match or anything, i respect you have your opinions and i have mine but i simply could not sit back and not reply. i am not going to continue on this thread as i dont want to cause trouble between people. best of luck to all those who have lost pets in the past in fnding them. and to thos who have never lost a pet i hope you never do.

Despite 2 appologies and the explanation that it was not the original poster i was referring to it is clear that the comments she found so 'offensive' were from me and this thread, whether intentionally or not, seems to be intended to slate my right to an opinion on the matter. I will not be coming on this forum again, and think it is a real shame that peoples opinions are not 'allowed' to be expressed if they are slightly differing to others without all this nonsense being the result.

No-one said you werent allowed them but maybe some people (and i dont personally mean you Charlie and Lola) could be a little more tactful with others in tricky situations in future. I understand why Sarah got upset but i think its all gone too far now.

It's all gotten a little heated in here and there is no need for all this. Can we all just move on from this and get back to being the bunny friends forum!?!

Please no-one talk of leaving? Theres no need for anyone to leave. :)

get a grip people!! Its a forum with opinions you won't always agree, I hate this "Right I am leaving!" Rubbish, if ya gonna go then GO! Now I am nice to everyone but it ticks me off, I am glad the bunny is safe and sound I personally think you did the right thing :)

PMT moi? :shock::lol:

get a grip people!! Its a forum with opinions you won't always agree, I hate this "Right I am leaving!" Rubbish, if ya gonna go then GO! Now I am nice to everyone but it ticks me off, I am glad the bunny is safe and sound I personally think you did the right thing :)

:thumb:

if you could tell me the cure ill be off :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: i dont even think no net will fix this obsession :oops::oops:

:thumb:

if you could tell me the cure ill be off :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: i dont even think no net will fix this obsession :oops::oops:

OMG I don't think I have ever lost my temper on here before :lol:.. :oops:
I will never leave you are stuck with FOREVER

:D:lol::lol::lol:

Glad we are stuck with you Shelly!! :D Looks like i'm here for good too -donnamt, there is no cure ! :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back