• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have put Bella back in her cage now...

sorry-missed some of the thread somwhere down the line-my brain is addled!

if you can use the cardboard from the boxes to block off the pipes in the bathroom? even if you just slot it around the sink....:roll:

bluebells a digger but she used to love goin on my bed.used bring her up watch tv with me wen she was younger.she used to dig abit but never made holes.and the best thing is if she pees u can just put your bedding in the wash.do you eat off same dining table?:oops::)

Okay, Fudgesmummy, I'll see what they say tomorrow :)

Aww bless Bluebell :love: Does she sit on ur lap when you watch telly? If I do that with Bella, she's run away from me :lol: :oops: Yeah we do but we spray disinfectant on it and leave it on for 4 hours.

she used too but now she is a 15lb monster who prefers to chase my kids on their bikes in garden:lol:.sure she should have been a dog really.:lol:x

Buster goes on the bed, sofa and carpets and no problem what so ever he has never damage anything digging.

The more you can let her out and run around, the more she will get used to it and will probably be easier to get back.

My two have the run on the garden as often as I can let them, but I only have to stand behind them now, and they toodle off back to the shed, good as gold (well 99% of the time anyway - the other 1% I spend chasing them round the camelia bush) :lol:

same here.unless she decides to go down the 4ft hole shes dug n then i have wait for ages until she comes out.x

Diana I want to help but I am really confused now,:? on the other thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=131056&page=2 you said you have put Bellas hutch inside the garage until the weather gets better, could you let her run around the garage if you don't have a car? or somehow make a run out of boxes like someone suggested so you can confine her to a space in the garage, she really does need exercise. If you can post some pictures of the cage and the hutch someone might have some suggestions with what you could do to attach a temporary run.

Diana I want to help but I am really confused now,:? on the other thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=131056&page=2 you said you have put Bellas hutch inside the garage until the weather gets better, could you let her run around the garage if you don't have a car? or somehow make a run out of boxes like someone suggested so you can confine her to a space in the garage, she really does need exercise. If you can post some pictures of the cage and the hutch someone might have some suggestions with what you could do to attach a temporary run.

sounds like a brill idea... put some piccs up and we can help better!

Sorry for confusing you :oops: I couldn't let her have the run of the garage as there's to much stuff to move for her, plus there's gaps in the bottom of it. I know she needs exercise :)

Everyone will be glad to know that I found a room Bella could have a nice run around in! The kitchen, I just let her have 5/10 mins hopping around to get used to it then I'll gradually let her have longer :)

She needs a lot more time than 10 minutes,:( couldn't you move the stuff in the garage and make some room? it's in her best interest, lack of exercise can cause all sorts of problems. She needs room to run and jump. How much time out of her cage does she get each day?

I think that you really need to let her have as long as possible as she needs more exercise than that. She will not have chance to explore in only 10 minutes.

It is really unfair to only let Bella out of her cage for 10 mins. If she has more space to run around she will get less nervous and easier to catch. People have put lots of options on here. Please try and stop coming up with problems and find away to allow her more space for running around, and not just for the odd 30mins here and there. If you are worried about her peeing put newspaper down. You really will see the difference in her. :D

Last edited:
If you can't get any boxes I will see if I can, and drop them off to you, we are only trying to help you. She will wee everywhere if the guinea pig is allowed in the same area, she will want to put her scent down.

Last edited:
I have a couple of small runs that I occasionally use for the foster buns after their neuters/spays so that they can eat grass but can't run about too much.

You could have one of these if you want?

Run 1 is 3ft x 3ft, but only about 1ft (30 cms) high

Run 2 is 3ft x 2ft, and about 1 and a half feet high

They aren't very big, but at least you'd be able to put Bella out on the lawn.

It would have to be temporary measure though, they aren't big enough for permanent runs...perhaps you could get a big one for your birthday, or get a summer job during the summer holiday?

Amy

What a kind offer :D You could even use one of these runs inside, then she couldn't cause any damage and you could leave her in it all day with the cage open in the run. Again it would be a temporary measure but at least she could have some exercise :)

Back