• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have put Bella back in her cage now...

You can use cat litter trays defo! I used to have a dog's one. As for the base of it, mine prefer to poo on hay, but some buns prefer wood chips, some straw etc...
Jack x

You can use cat litter trays defo! I used to have a dog's one. As for the base of it, mine prefer to poo on hay, but some buns prefer wood chips, some straw etc...
Jack x

Okay :) Which litter though, ordinary cat litter or special rabbit litter?? I heard wood chips can hurt their feet?!

You can get just normal cat litter from the supermarket.As long has it is wood based or paper based it will be fine:D

No, she could get under my bed and trust me, we WOULDN'T be able to get her out again :oops:
That's what I thought at first, that I wouldn't be able to get her out from under my bed. But I just let her come out in her own time, she spends a lot of the time under the bed. But always comes out when I sit down on the floor.

You can get a paper litter for cats that will be fine topped up with hay.

It's not really fair she has nowhere to run. Buster goes under my bed and I manage to get him. To be honest if she has nowhere in the house she can exercise she won't be come back to you because she will be enjoying her freedom too much. It takes time to get them to a stage where they will come back too you on command (11 months on Buster still has deaf moments:lol:) Surely if you sit in the bathroom for 30 minutes you can check she isn't chewing?????

Does Bella have an area in her cage where she usually goes to the toilet? Rabbits are very clean animals so they usually pee in the same area so you can put the litter tray in that area for her. If you don't have any litter you put some newspaper in the bottom and cover it with a layer of hay - not ideal but better than nothing. Once she is used to this tray you can then take it out of the cage when she has a run around and she will naturally go there when she needs to pee.

Okay, I'll see what I can do as mum is going shopping tomorrow. Are there any specific brands of cat little that are suitable for Bella??

She pees in 2, sometimes 3 different parts of her cage (half the time next to her hay :roll:

I could sit in the bathroom with her, yes but she'll always look and try to get behind the sink!

Okay, I'll see what I can do as mum is going shopping tomorrow. Are there any specific brands of cat little that are suitable for Bella??

She pees in 2, sometimes 3 different parts of her cage (half the time next to her hay :roll:

I could sit in the bathroom with her, yes but she'll always look and try to get behind the sink!

No specific *brand* of litter is needed, but it must only be wood or paper based as this is the only type that is safe for them.

Is there something you could cover the cables with? Either some cardboard or if you cut a slit down a few toilet roll inners you can wrap them around the wires :) She may try and chew the cardboard but it will give you time to see what she's up to ;)

I didn't manage to get one unfoutunatly, the shop in Bulwell didn't have any in at the time :cry:

I think she has more room in her indoor cage tbh.

when litter training Misty i found i had to place litter boxes in most of the corners lol he got it eventually though... bless him hes just a tad slow :roll: Lilli on the other hand just uses the litter boxes as toys so im kinda giving up on her.

is the weeing your only worry hun? if so have you thought about placing something water proof across a large space and create a pen kind of thing for her to exercise in this way if she pees outside her litterbox it wont be on the carpet and she'll be getting the exercise she needs. when catchin a rabbit its normally easier to 'trick' them say a cat carrier with veg in but rabbits can learn from this and will soon associate that 'carrier' with going back into their cage so its a case of trying diffrent things all the time so they dont become to intellegant and outsmart you! :? Crystal is teh queen when it comes to outsmarting me :roll:

when litter training Misty i found i had to place litter boxes in most of the corners lol he got it eventually though... bless him hes just a tad slow :roll: Lilli on the other hand just uses the litter boxes as toys so im kinda giving up on her.

is the weeing your only worry hun? if so have you thought about placing something water proof across a large space and create a pen kind of thing for her to exercise in this way if she pees outside her litterbox it wont be on the carpet and she'll be getting the exercise she needs. when catchin a rabbit its normally easier to 'trick' them say a cat carrier with veg in but rabbits can learn from this and will soon associate that 'carrier' with going back into their cage so its a case of trying diffrent things all the time so they dont become to intellegant and outsmart you! :? Crystal is teh queen when it comes to outsmarting me :roll:

Oh right okay :?

Weeing is my worry and the fact I cannot get a play pen for her as of yet :cry:

just a thought but could you let her have a play on your bed?itl be bigger than the table n she might feel abit more secure?does you guinea go on the table too?x

just a thought but could you let her have a play on your bed?itl be bigger than the table n she might feel abit more secure?does you guinea go on the table too?x

I think I could but she's one to dig at things so what if she digs at my duvet and makes holes :shock:

ETA: Smudge goes on the table, too :)

Back