• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have put Bella back in her cage now...

i just steal the boxes from tesco! they have them in those funny cages when they restock and i just pilfer through for bunny sized boxes! if you know anyone who goes to tesco, you could ask them to keep an eye out.

try the local shops when i was moving hosue they kept some for me..

do you have youre bunny stuff online as they usually come in lovley big boxes..ive just had to recylce about three from oxbow!

if stuck dog out nay plastic storage boxes you may have.and just line them up around like apen.....

playpens are prcey but if you go the local b and q or homebase or big pet store..like jollyes...you can buy aviary panels..one orr maybe two should do it with a few cable ties as you can get panles in many different sizes. very reasonabley priced too.

ask the school if they have any cardboard boxes supplies come in and could you have a few for your rabbit...

yeah, I don't think that is acceptable at all, but I also understand that you are only young and have to go with what your parents say.

Surely there must be one room in your house that you can bunny proof to ensure Bella can have a good run around. She could end up with a whole lot of psychological and physical problems if she isn't allowed to have adequate exercise.

Bella isn't allowed the bathroom either as there's little pipes Bella likes to chew behind the sink :roll:

I'll ask mum if I could let her run around her bedroom as that's the only room in the whole house :roll: What if she wees??

Diana xx

Bella isn't allowed the bathroom either as there's little pipes Bella likes to chew behind the sink :roll:

I'll ask mum if I could let her run around her bedroom as that's the only room in the whole house :roll: What if she wees??

Diana xx

take a litter tray in with you
the jist is to take the rabbit to the litter tray BEFORE she wees.
you know when this is, or when theyre about to poo.
they lift their tails a little, and they sit still for ages :lol: thats what mine do at least
it usually works for me, but if she does wee, i use vinegar to neutralise the smell of wee, then warm soapy water to clean it!!!

isnt she a mini or dwarf lop?

take a litter tray in with you
the jist is to take the rabbit to the litter tray BEFORE she wees.
you know when this is, or when theyre about to poo.
they lift their tails a little, and they sit still for ages :lol: thats what mine do at least
it usually works for me, but if she does wee, i use vinegar to neutralise the smell of wee, then warm soapy water to clean it!!!

isnt she a mini or dwarf lop?

Okay but we don't have a litter tray and she's not litter trained so she probably wouldn't use it :oops:

Some people tell me she's a mini and some people say she's a dwarf :roll:

Hi Diana, I'm a bit confused, is Bella a house bun, I thought she had a hutch outside? There is a big Co-op near to where you live I'm sure if you ask they would save you a couple of boxes, that would be a short term solution. What about your bedroom, can she run in there? If she won't return to her cage tempt her with some food, even a small piece of carrot:D

Could you not take her into the room where there is the least amount of things she can break, then block off any areas that have wires or any spaces that she can get into, then it should be easy to pick her up again and she cant break anything :)

I let Casey have the run of my bedroom, I have a board across the door so I can leave the door open and hop over the board when I need to get out..

I have bunny proofed my room, so she can't get into trouble. She is let out when someone is home, there is normally someone home all the time. So really she is out all day nearly. I leave her cage open so if she needs to go in and eat or drink she can. I've also have a small doggy bed for her, which she used to sleep in. I have a litter tray, but she never uses it, she does "most" of her poo in side the cage and always goes for a wee inside the cage. I hardly ever pick her up, unless I really have too. I either sit or lay on the floor and she always comes to me to play..

Is it possible that she could go in your room?

Mine are getting very good at pooing in their litter tray, well, their litter tray is actually a childs sand pit, filled with hay, they use it 97% of the time now:D
Jack x x

Back