• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I HATE foxes

I HATE Foxes

Me too:censored:I have been driven mad by the constant attentions of foxes round my bunnies:shock:
I have tried everything i can think of to keep them safe but now have to make sure that they are kept indoors as it,s the only way that i can keep the foxes away from them:cry:
Word of warning:roll:They can/will go indoors after your bunnies )i know to my horror as they attacked my housebun when she was upstairs in my bedroom:shock:
I am now terified that they will try to get my kittens/cats as i have caught them trying to take my big ginger boy Rupert:cry:so even my cats are not safe:evil:
NEVER EVER leave a bun alone in the garden:censored:even when i am watching mine the fox will try to dig under the run to get them:cry:they hve no fear:censored:

your poor sister! and the poor bunnies!

we have foxes in the area, i have seen them near the end of my street. Actually a house i was going to buy at that end of the street has a foxes den in the garden! i have never seen them in my garden but when it snowed in feb, i saw paw prints across the drive and front garden, too small for a dog so i expect they come in the back, particularly as i have a fence panel missing between the front and back. I only leave ruby in the garden with the back door open and always put her back in her hutch well before it is dark (never ever seen a fox in the day here although i do know they come out in the day - very built up area) thankfully her hutch seems pretty sturdy with locks on it. I would love to leave her in a run all day when i am at work but i don't want to risk it if there are foxes about.

I'm sorry for your sister's loss :cry:
I had two rabbits killed by a fox about two years ago now, it was devastating...but it was my own fault because I left them vunerable. I'll never forget finding their little bodies, and I'll never forgive myself...I hate to think about it and try not to.

But I don't blame the foxes, they are not evil. Many living in towns are literally desperate for food-they are worse off than rural foxes. Apparently foxes kill all they can at one time and leave the bodies, because in the wild they would be able to return for several days for a guaranteed meal...they are highly intelligent. They will obviously take the opportunity to kill if they can.

I didn't know there were foxes in my area until my two were killed :cry: People must never assume there are not foxes around because they haven't seen them- if you do, you may live to regret it. After my rabbits were killed I came to suspect that the foxes lived in the deep ditch next to my garden, every spring they'd bring their cubs into my garden...once I knew they were around I looked out for them and saw them regularly. My ex still lives in our old house and he says they have moved into the garden now, building a den under the summer house.

To the OP, I don't want to upset your sister with this, because obviously I went through the same thing myself but I think it's important not to brand foxes as 'evil' but to understand that it is our responsibility to protect our pets from foxes.

Sorry about the fox attack. We had Nibbles stolen by a fox - thought he would be safe and the fox got in - very sad. :cry:

Ive seen the devastation they have caused time and time again, they are ruthless killers , they dont just kill for food and on this thread they are evil i dont care what anyone says.

Very often they'll kill everything (e.g. all chickens in a run), way more than they can eat. In the wild they do this too, and are always observed returning to what they couldn't eat immediately. In an urban environment though, humans will likely scare them away so they don't return, giving the appearance they've killed for fun.

It's horrible when it happens to your pets though, not disputing that at all. :(

AMETHYST

NC I still fully support your feelings and I despise Foxes

I know that recent posts on your thread will upset you ALOT so I just want to publicly support you

((((((((((((((((((((( Hugs ))))))))))))))))))))

:cry:

NC I still fully support your feelings and I despise Foxes

I know that recent posts on your thread will upset you ALOT so I just want to publicly support you

((((((((((((((((((((( Hugs ))))))))))))))))))))

:cry:

Jane thankyou hun, I dont care what anyone says, we are over run with foxes like it or not thats why they cant find food and they wipe out everything including wildlife, they are only going to get bolder too.

They've wiped out whole chicken folks and not taken one bird and if they are coming back why dont they kill them all properly instead of ripping bits off and then going for another one???? Humans dont scare them off, they are just not afraid anymore, i mean how many people have had them come straight into their own house :shock:

They have their place I know but this is getting ridiculous. This is purely my opinion this is not a thread to start a fox debate as ive already said, im very upset and fed up of hearing these awful stories. Our family friend is scared to let her cairn terrier out incase this dog fox goes for her again, i mean they used to be scared of dogs??? :shock:

Its clear unless you keep your animals inside they are not safe.

Jane thankyou hun, I dont care what anyone says, we are over run with foxes like it or not thats why they cant find food and they wipe out everything including wildlife, they are only going to get bolder too.

They've wiped out whole chicken folks and not taken one bird and if they are coming back why dont they kill them all properly instead of ripping bits off and then going for another one???? Humans dont scare them off, they are just not afraid anymore, i mean how many people have had them come straight into their own house :shock:

They have their place I know but this is getting ridiculous. This is purely my opinion this is not a thread to start a fox debate as ive already said, im very upset and fed up of hearing these awful stories. Our family friend is scared to let her cairn terrier out incase this dog fox goes for her again, i mean they used to be scared of dogs??? :shock:

Its clear unless you keep your animals inside they are not safe.

And in urban areas even that does not guarantee safety. Donna (ARC) has had a Fox in her house, so have I and so have many of my neighbours.
I am not prepared to put up with that as its not 'just nature'.

Was still thinking about you this morning nursecroft. I pondered for ages before letting the bunnies 'out' into the garden and wondered if I was doing the right thing. But I shut them back in again after half an hour because I couldn't take the risk. Big hugs to you and your sister today.

It's like cats I hate them, they should all be shot evil little :censored:, my cousins beautiful cockatiel was killed by acat, it had got in the house through a patio door, she hadn't even left it open much, not only had he killed it he had played with it for ages :cry::cry:, then ripped it limb from limb, such a friendly bird too, he must of been terrified :cry::cry:. I saw my neighbours cat had dumped a little wild bird on their doorstep yesterday and thought, they seriously need wiping out, they don't kill for food they kill for pleasure hate them :censored::censored::censored:, I hope to god they bring out hunting for them nasty little :censored:

I was not being serious about cats, I was trying to be ironic :oops:

Sorry for your bunny loses it must of been horrible for all of you, but I do not agree with your sentiments on fox's.

I was not being serious about cats, I was trying to be ironic :oops:

Sorry for your bunny loses it must of been horrible for all of you, but I do not agree with your sentiments on fox's.

Im not asking you to agree. Cats dont go into a hen coop and kill/maul 50 odd chickens. I have my opinion thats not going to change.

Im not asking you to agree.

Maybe not, but you would be kicking off if I really did believe that all cats should be killed wouldn't you? You wouldn't say that is your opinion and I respect that. Like I say I am sorry for your lose, finding bunny must be awful :cry::cry:. However fox's are no different to cats for killing and killing for pleasure, I just noticed you had a few in your signature, so I assume you're ok about that.

Binky free bunnies :(

Im not asking you to agree. Cats dont go into a hen coop and kill/maul 50 odd chickens. I have my opinion thats not going to change.

Oh you changed your last post, no but a cat killed my neighbours birds, by getting into his aviary. My neighbour does actually want to kill my other neighbours cat for doing it.

You just keep telling yourself right though and make yourself feel better, I can't be bothered with this thread to be honest, leave you all to your hate :roll:

Maybe not, but you would be kicking off if I really did believe that all cats should be killed wouldn't you? You wouldn't say that is your opinion and I respect that. Like I say I am sorry for your lose, finding bunny must be awful :cry::cry:. However fox's are no different to cats for killing and killing for pleasure, I just noticed you had a few in your signature, so I assume you're ok about that.

Binky free bunnies :(

Actually my cats dont go out so they've never killed a thing. They dont mass kill like foxes and I never said go we should go out and kill them all :?

Foxes are very different to cats in my opinion having been brought up around them both.

Like I said this is not a debate thread.

Oh you changed your last post, no but a cat killed my neighbours birds, by getting into his aviary. My neighbour does actually want to kill my other neighbours cat for doing it.

You just keep telling yourself right though and make yourself feel better, I can't be bothered with this thread to be honest, leave you all to your hate :roll:

There is no need to be patronising, I cant help the way i feel, Im not telling you are wrong for feeling the way you do and if you dont like it im sorry but i didnt start this thread for a debate i started it to vent after having to deal with another horrific fox attack. We all have the right to an opinion on this forum without having others forced down our throat.

The most important thing is people are aware and try to protect their animals as best they can.

Last edited:
Foxes do not kill for pleasure, although it may appear that way when a whole coup of chickens are killed and not consumed.

When the opportunity arises, foxes kill surplus prey as, when not a confined killing as in chickens in a coup, they will go back at a later date to consume the rest of their kill.

When it is your rabbit though that falls prey to foxes, it is not an easy thing to carry on liking them :(

Ok like I keep repeating this is not a thread to debate foxes, i do see how people love them but i have my opinion and it will not change, ive seen enough to know how i feel. I really am in no mood for a debate.

Thankyou to everyone who have left such kind messages :)

Back