• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I HATE foxes

I know it is nature, but it doesn't make it any easier to bear and as you so rightly said, they don't always kill for food - why do they find it necessary to kill all the chickens/buns in a run, but maybe only take one or two?

I am so very sorry for your loss, what a dreadful shock for you and your poor sister.

So sorry for your sister and the poor bunnies:cry:

We had a fox get into the rescue last month and he killed 11 rabbits, but didn't eat a single one:cry::cry: Total devastation:cry:

So sorry for your sister and the poor bunnies:cry:

We had a fox get into the rescue last month and he killed 11 rabbits, but didn't eat a single one:cry::cry: Total devastation:cry:

Someone I know had all her rabbits and chickens killed and they left all the rabbits and some of the chickens, she was devastated and never really got over it.

So sorry to hear about your 11 rabbits. :(

im really sorry for your poor sister and bunny :cry::cry::cry:

BB mommy, im really sorry about your 11 bunnies too. poor Lou :cry::cry:

So sorry for your sister hun :cry:

Foxes are evil and totally fearless, one visited here the other week, it was huge bigger than any i have ever seen before and was not scared at all, the buns were safe in the run they were just actually munching hay :lol:
It was me who was more scared, i came running out of the house towards it and it just looked at me, i threw a piece of wood at it which hit it and still it gave me its evil glare so i picked up the spade and ran towards it, then it walked off :evil: I was shaking like a leaf, if it had wanted to jump up and attack me it probably would have killed me :shock:
i stood guard outside for 20 mins after and it came back over the fence twice trying to get round 2 :shock:

They are beautiful creatures when in their correct enviroment..the countryside

Sadly due to us humans being so dirty and wasteful and leaving bits of food all over our streets, and some silly people in cities feeding them, they are not at all scared of people and in some cases dogs.
I think councils ought to make it illegal to feed them .

Re bunnies..foxes can scale an 8 foot fence and runs without lids, or with flimsy ones, are no protection at all.
I have known people to nail gripper rod onto boards and put in front of buns hutches and runs..but it may injure cats and children

So sorry for your sisters loss :(

I too had never seen a fox in the area until the day one took my Daisy :cry:

I just dont understand why people feed them, there are soooo many now, even in the country where my parents live i know for a fact no-one feeds them there but they are still bold as brass, i know many hate fox hunting but i think we are starting to feel the effect of the ban, there is nothing to keep them scared or human shy. I just hate the do just kill anything whether they are hungry or not including important wildlife.

I do not want to upset people that love foxes, i really do see why they do but ive seen to much blood and horrific attacks wiping out whole flocks of chickens and geese to love these creatures and after today Im just devastated.

I just dont understand why people feed them, there are soooo many now, even in the country where my parents live i know for a fact no-one feeds them there but they are still bold as brass, i know many hate fox hunting but i think we are starting to feel the effect of the ban, there is nothing to keep them scared or human shy. I just hate the do just kill anything whether they are hungry or not including important wildlife.

I do not want to upset people that love foxes, i really do see why they do but ive seen to much blood and horrific attacks wiping out whole flocks of chickens and geese to love these creatures and after today Im just devastated.

No-one would blame you for feeling the way you do, especially after such an horrific day. I don't hate foxes but who's to say how I'd feel if my own bunnies were attacked? They wouldn't be on my christmas card list, that's for sure.

BB mommy, im really sorry about your 11 bunnies too. poor Lou :cry::cry:

Thanks - two of them were my Ra's mum and brother:cry::cry:

I could almost forgive the foxes if they killed for food,as that is natural, but to kill just for the sake of it is just devastating

There really is no room for complacency where foxes are concerned

I could almost forgive the foxes if they killed for food,as that is natural, but to kill just for the sake of it is just devastating

omg thats the big loose enclosures :cry::cry::cry: they are Loki's family aint they :(
i can see in my head where Ra's mom lived :cry::cry: im so sorry :cry::cry:

*sorry to thread hijack*

This isnt the bunny who has the constant head tilt is it? :cry: I will be heartbroken if it is.

Poor bunnies and Louise :cry:

Back