• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel like I've lost a part of me..

I'm so sorry you lost her :cry: I'm sure you did the best thing for her, it's so hard for us but the kindest thing for them.

Binky free Aurora xx

Thank you. It is very hard, I hadn't thought about how hard it would actually be when the time came. Not prepared at all for the heartache x

It is so very hard when we have to make "the decision" :(

Sleep tightly beautiful girl xxx

I've never been in your position yet, but something I've read on here before is something I hope I can hold on to when the time comes. That is 'better a day too early than a day too late'. I don't think rabbits know about time. But they do know about pain. And I don't think ending that can ever be the wrong decision.

Nobody here will consider Aurora 'just a rabbit'. I'm sorry you lost her - she was clearly a special bunny.

So sorry to hear your sad news. Hope you can get some peace from knowing your Aurora is with lots of bunny friends in the sweet grass of bunny nivana, waiting to be reunited with you, at rainbow bridge. Binky free beautiful Aurora <3 <3 <3 Big hugs for you xxxx

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and I just needed to talk to people that have perhaps been in the same boat as me.

Yesterday (3rd of June) I had to have my beloved continental giant Aurora PTS.

d5b703a69d3d1f8fde4e2f7bce7192e6.jpg

1bdd9e5d75773acd9d43a499760455ea.jpg

Now I do have a number of buns it was six but it's now down to five [emoji22] and obviously I love them all to pieces but Aurora held a special place in my heart. She was my everything, always by my side, my big teddy bear and the most loving animal I've ever had to pleasure of knowing. I'm finding it ever so hard to not feel guilty about having to let her go to bunny heaven. That I made the right decision. Deep down I know I did, she was in a lot of pain and her body was giving up on her and I couldn't stand to see her suffer (forgive me for not wanting to go into detail about her illness) but I can't help but think what if? What if I'd caught it sooner? I've lost pets before when I was younger but I was too young to fully comprehend what was going on if you can understand that? As an adult and building this bond with something only to lose it so tragically, it's well and truly left me heartbroken.

I think I just need someone to talk to me about their experiences and how you coped? I'm finding it very hard to come to terms with the fact that she's gone..

I am so sorry for your lost.
I understand how hard it must have been for you.
I had two girls originally.
Sweetie got sick within the first week she was with us. She was already sick before we gave her and no one noticed. One day after playing in the garden, she collapsed and by the time we are at the vet. He said she is too far gone and only kind thing to do is to let her go peacefully. I was devastated, having to make he decision and seeing my little girl slipping away in front of me.

2 days later, her loving sister Mathilda, suddenly for stasis, we went to vet, looking after her around the clock. But on the 2nd night, she crossed the rainbow bridge to reunite with her little sister.
Mathilda was closes to me, and she was such a loving girl. I was totally heartbroken and had to take a week off work.
The pain and sorrow never go away. I miss them every single day.
This weekend will be a year since they have left us.

It might have been a very brief time together, but it does not make it any less devastating when they leave us.

Now we have 4 silly boys and a chinchilla. But everyday, I wish I could hold my little girl again.
Whenever I think of them, I'd like to think that they are now together binkying, happy, pain-free, with all-you-can-eat bananas, berries, greens without having a care in the whole wide world and someday we will see each other again. They would binky to greet us, with big cuddles and kisses.
11824998_10155983254390089_2682190313597192552_n.jpg

Mathilda & Sweetie
1 MAR 2015-11 JUN 2015

so sorry for you loss of a beautiful bunny :cry: you did the right thing in helping Aurora over rainbow bridge, she was in a lot of pain and she will always love you for loving her so much and being there for her, big hugs xx

Hi I too lost my giant baby. And im going through what you are. Its hurts like nothing on earth. I have cried so much and still i have more tears. Joey was so much like your aurora. My stomach is hollow where i cant eat and my heart aches to hold him.😢😢

Hi I too lost my giant baby. And im going through what you are. Its hurts like nothing on earth. I have cried so much and still i have more tears. Joey was so much like your aurora. My stomach is hollow where i cant eat and my heart aches to hold him.[emoji22][emoji22]

It does hurt so so much. I miss her everyday. I do have other buns but they're not quite the same as my Aurora. The effect she had on my life in the time she was here with me was immense and I treasure every moment I got to have with her. I think that's what gets me through. Knowing that I gave her the best life I could give her. She knew she was loved as I'm sure your sweet Joey did. Hold onto the good memories, I'm sure that's what they'd want us to remember, not their suffering. I don't think you ever 'get over' it but it does get easier in time. Heck I still have a fair few tears when I go to feed my other buns and she's not there and I find myself still talking to her (my neighbours probably think I'm a crazy person) but that's what helps me and makes me feel better. I'll always have an ear free if you ever want to talk about him. I know talking to these guys on the forum helped me a great deal. I'm so sorry for your loss [emoji22]❤️

Hi I too lost my giant baby. And im going through what you are. Its hurts like nothing on earth. I have cried so much and still i have more tears. Joey was so much like your aurora. My stomach is hollow where i cant eat and my heart aches to hold him.😢😢

Hugs, Sandras :love:

Back