• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Dont Think Fred Should Have Had His Myxo Vacc- U/D HE MADE IT :-)

Oh no, poor Fred. :cry: :cry: :cry:

But as others have said, DO NOT blame yourself, Jane. You have to look at the OTHER side of the coin, too.....what if you had refused to let him have his jab - and then he contracted Myxi and was responsible for a big outbreak with your other buns? THEN you would be blaming yourself, too. It is sometimes SO difficult to know which decision to make for the best.....and sometimes there IS no 'right' decision. ::HUGE hugs:: xxx

Sending MASSES of Get Well Vibes for dear Fred. xxx

((((((( VIBES )))))))

Oh gosh, poor little Fred. He has been through the mill lately. :cry:

Its such a hard decision to make re- vaccinateing ill rabbits, as you know Lexie has not been vaccinated at all since I had her on veterinary advice and you really feel in such a catch22 situation.

I really hope he can come back from this. :(

Sorry to hear this Jane, you have nothing to reproach yourself about, it' a tough call knowing what to do for the best. I hope Fred pulls through

Fred is still with us. He is slightly less 'flat' now and is responding to me. First thing I honestly thought he was dead :cry: He was flat on his side and very,very cold. When I picked him up he was completely limp :cry:
He still cant sit/stand up but he is lifting his head which he couldn't do a few hours ago.

I will just continue with his fluid/heat therapy and he has also had abx/pain relief and Metoclopromide. I may start him on Panacur later but at the moment I dont want to try to give him anything by mouth as I am not sure he can swallow properly

Poor Fred :cry:

Janex

Dear Fred ((hugs))

I know you mentioned in the first post about suspected lymphoma...has he been poorly recently? I have been away from the forum for quite a while so have missed a lot of what's been going on.

I hope he will continue to show signs of improvement. I didn't realise he was so poorly.

Lots and lots of vibes for Fred and hugs for you Jane,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Its such a hard decision to make re- vaccinateing ill rabbits, as you know Lexie has not been vaccinated at all since I had her on veterinary advice and you really feel in such a catch22 situation.

Yes definitely - it's like we need a crystal ball which we don't have. :( I've got to decide about vaccinating Dusty. My vet wants her to have the myx but not the VHD, but I don't want to give her either.

Really hope Fred makes it - sounds like he is a little better.

Fred is now able to sit up and is maintaining his body temperature. He is still not eating but he has done a few tiny poos.

Janex

C'mon Fred - I know it's been one thing after another for the last few weeks, but you've overcome sooooo much, just this one thing more.

Vibes for Fred, Jane - and all her other buns

Fred has started to nibble at some grass and some gratted veg.
Christabel has advised I just continue the treatment he has had today and 'wait and see'.........

Thank you for all the Freddie Vibes :)

Janex

OH JAne i have just read this you're really going through the mill at the minute but its good to hear Freddy's looking a little better. Sending lots of healing vibes your way xxxxxxx

Back