• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am so upset :-(

At this stage Baytril should be fine as a preventative abx.

Hope she starts to eat for you soon.

Thats so sad :( This happens unfortunately. Nigel got a kick into Dougal once and tore one of his testicles right off! They just seem to have great aim when it comes to this. :( I hope she's ok.
*vibes*

dont feel its your fault..it happens..willow got out from a secure pen by leaping over it to teach bif a lesson as bif had been at her trhu the bars non stop......bif strated the fight..she could have hid n willow would have gone off..but no..my bunny pitbull stood her ground and took on this frenchie....and had to see the vets asap..her nech had been skinned almost it was awful..tron skin missing fur etc...and so willow ent into a rottie crate...

funny once bonded they were fine but bif went nuts after two weeks and attacked willow non stop..eventually wilow gave in a chased her back.....willow now hates her as much as bif hates willow..they live indoors but in diff areas penned off and bifs in a cage...if they got out itd be death within seconds as bifs a much smaller bun and willows a 14lb frenchie doe with attitude.its scary and you blame yourself but things happen.....buns escape etc.

im just glad shes pulled thru the little darling.......no i hate those collars..i prefer to sleep next to them and watch them..thos collars cause too many probs esp stress.

has the vet issued painkillers etc? bif had this cream to put on after bathng the wounds..it gets rid of necrotic tissue...dermasol or something like that..she had baytril and pain jab and rimadyl as metacam with a stasis rone bun which bif is isnt good.

you never know how a buns personality can or will change as a result of seemingly nothing.....its worse when one buns so much bigger too...but just as bad when the smaller one will go on attacking the big bun and then wonders why it attacks them back.

i hope the next few days arent too stressful.fingys crossed for little P. xx

Accidents do happen dont beat yourself up about it. Sending lots of healing vibes to Phoebe :)

Thank you everybody...

Phoebe is back home and looking bright and alert. She is nibbling on some hay which I am more than pleased about because normally a trip in the car is enough to send her into stasis. Her wound and that area in general is very swollen and bruised but the wound itself is very neat and has been stitched into the skin as well as glued, so hopefully she will leave it alone. I am giving all her meds via injection which I HATE doing, but she is very difficult to give meds orally to...here's hoping she will sit still while I stick her with needles :shock:

I love Milly to pieces and I don't want her to be unhappy, but I just don't think I can risk keeping her where the other rabbits are. When she is in her hutch she is padlocked in and it's like fort knox...but I have to be so careful when she is out and having so many buns is difficult. She managed to bite through my other rabbits nose through the cage when he was a baby (before then I had no idea who aggressive towards buns she was), then we tried numerous other bucks until I found one that she 'tolerated'. She was 'okish' with him until a month later when she began attacking him. He never once retaliated but after finding multiple bite wounds on him I decided enough was enough and she is best off on her own. I know most people think that every rabbit should have a partner but I'm not so sure that's true. Every foster rabbit I have had through here since she has shown the same aggression towards.

We are due to be moving house soon and she will be moving into the garage with the two boys. I'm either going to have to keep her in there and split the space in two parts and double fence it, or she is going to have to go into a hutch/run combo in the garden. I'm not putting Phoebe anywhere near her after this.:(

dont feel its your fault..it happens..willow got out from a secure pen by leaping over it to teach bif a lesson as bif had been at her trhu the bars non stop......bif strated the fight..she could have hid n willow would have gone off..but no..my bunny pitbull stood her ground and took on this frenchie....and had to see the vets asap..her nech had been skinned almost it was awful..tron skin missing fur etc...and so willow ent into a rottie crate...

has the vet issued painkillers etc? bif had this cream to put on after bathng the wounds..it gets rid of necrotic tissue...dermasol or something like that..she had baytril and pain jab and rimadyl as metacam with a stasis rone bun which bif is isnt good.

you never know how a buns personality can or will change as a result of seemingly nothing.....its worse when one buns so much bigger too...but just as bad when the smaller one will go on attacking the big bun and then wonders why it attacks them back.

i hope the next few days arent too stressful.fingys crossed for little P. xx

That is so sad.... :-( I know how difficult it is keeping buns apart. I live with my sister and her husband and they want me to rehome Milly. I explained to them that she only did what was natural for a rabbit and although it's very difficult making sure she doesn't get near my other rabbits I took the decision to take her on so it's my problem and I have to just deal with it. If we always took the easy way out where would that get us? When we move next month I'm going to build her her own outdoor pen so that she doesn't ever even have to share the same part of garden as the others. Ideally I would keep her as a single house rabbit but I don't live in my own house. :cry:

Glad pheobe made it through the op . Hope she goes on to make a full recovery. Have you ever thought about keeping Milly as a house rabbit? That was she will be far away from other buns and get lots of human attention too.

oh just saw your post above, never mind.

Glad pheobe made it through the op . Hope she goes on to make a full recovery. Have you ever thought about keeping Milly as a house rabbit? That was she will be far away from other buns and get lots of human attention too.

oh just saw your post above, never mind.

Yes, I would love to keep her as a house rabbit if I was in my own house. She was a house rabbit when I first rescued her and I had my own house, but then two weeks later after she settled in her true personality came out and she was very aggressive towards me, lunging, drawing blood, biting my ankles if I tried to walk around. She is VERY people shy, and frightened of just about everything and anything. It took me well over six months before I could get her to trust me enough to take food from me. If anyone else tries to go near her she would have a heart attack but he is a lot more trusting of me and not at all aggressive now. I give her cuddles when I groom her but she does not enjoy it, although is happy to potter around while I clean everybody out. She is especially scared of other animals, and if my dog is in sight she will run a mile although he wouldn't hurt her and my other bunnies are fine with him being there. I think when I get my own place again she can live indoors with me and have upstairs to herself where there wouldn't be a lot going on. I just wish she wasn't so intent on killing the others, fur pulling and nipping I can deal with but she wouldn't be happy until the other bun was dead. :cry:

oooh only just read this poor little Phoebe! :shock: Glad she's survived - hope she recovers well - poor Milly too, being afraid of everything :(

Back