• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch manufacturers that deliver FAST?

Its just temporary, for a month and a half, I'm staying with family whilst I get some work experience. Problem is I've never seen her garden as I havent been to her new house.

Put blocks all the way around the bottom of the run/hutch!
If you use breeze blocks on their sides you can raise the height by about 8" AND stop the damp getting into the wood :thumb::D

Have just ordered TRHS hutch with the 6x8 run! Apparently it will be fine, they must have a massive garden :shock:

I'm really excited!!

Had a text to say the hutch and run has arrived! Yay! I get to see it and help build it tomorrow!

Put blocks all the way around the bottom of the run/hutch!
If you use breeze blocks on their sides you can raise the height by about 8" AND stop the damp getting into the wood :thumb::D

Hopefully the run height will be okay, I guess I wont know till he is in it, but do you think doing this would affect the security of it at all? Would a fox/cat be able to push one of the blocks out from under it and therefore get in?

Is the run designed to be attached to the hutch? We added lengths of 4x1 wood to the bottom of our foster hutch, increasing the height at the bottom by 4 inches. It also acts as a great wind/rain/sun sheild! Wondering if you could do the same to one or the other or both?

Pic here
BouncersnewhutchMay2011002.jpg

Oooh thats a good idea Fluffers, will see if it needs doing when its up. It is the hutch that needs it most as its only 2ft high, so he can periscope in it but I dont think he'll be able to have his ears right up whilst doing so. But I'm hoping that this shouldnt matter too much as a welfare issue as hopefully I'll be able to give him 24/7 access to the run when he figures out the ramp, and he should have enough head space in there as its 2ft4 I think. I think I'm gonna have to get some wood anyway and try some diy anyway, as the ramp is only 6 inches wide, and with Barney being a combination of clumsy and big whilst thinking he is smaller than he is, I think he wont be able to manage it very well.

Not worried about Annabelle as whilst she is nervous of new things she is also really agile.

Back