• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How would you define rabbit affection?

Molly is very affectionate. He'll groom me (and others, the little ho) loads and loves snuggles. He did stop for a while when I got Faline but he's started doing it again now. Faline likes a head rub and will flop down or sit on me but she doesnt groom. It's cool I like it.

Before I got Faline Molly used to try and sleep with me, so that's a lot of what prompted me to find him a friend.
m3.jpg

molnwal.jpg

^ As a ickle baby

marley is very affectionate, he licks, nips, nudges for attention, runs up to the pen and stands on his back leds for an ear rub and snuggles in my lap. He also grinds his teeth when he is happy and sometimes honks at me :D

He gets jealous though....he hates out foster bun Boo and will trash his cage when he is near by. He has also nipped me for daring to pet other rabbits before :shock:

Thanks for sharing your stories everyone! I hope with time Bugs will begin to trust me more...he's coming out of his shell...He's getting attention so I don't think he's depressed as he was back home. I don't think his personality is particularly affectionate, but perhaps he will prove me wrong!

kayjay said:
A single bun is probably different as they look to you for the affection, but I've not had a single bun for any length of time

I agree Kathryn :) Tills pines for us when we're away even for one night :roll: She desperately seeks attention, and will sit and cuddle all night :) Up until she got poorly, I used to have my face washed every morning and every evening at least :love: She's a babe :p X

brunof said:
Thanks for sharing your stories everyone! I hope with time Bugs will begin to trust me more...he's coming out of his shell...He's getting attention so I don't think he's depressed as he was back home. I don't think his personality is particularly affectionate, but perhaps he will prove me wrong!

I'm sure as you spend time with each other he will get to love you, also some people say boy bunnies bond better with female owners :? :) X

Zelda's affection is when she puts he paws on me and reaches up to my face, nuzzling my hand and snuggling in under my chin when i hold her, when i hold her like a baby and she sits back and snuggles in, and also when she licks my socks :lol:

Rudy is very affectionate he loves to lick people and he scent marks only the very special. He always wants a fuss and will try and jump on my lap if im sitting on the sofa while hes running about.

Back