• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to Draw a Bunny 101

My art teachers and friends never thought so. :(

Well if your art teacher thought that you didn't have potential then that probably says more about their ability as a teacher than your ability to draw. I'm not just being nice, that looks way more like a bunny that the first few I drew. Keep going and I bet you surprise yourself :D

What advice would give for shading the rabbit in? In your picture of a conti you have got the pattern of fur and and how the light touches the bunnie, perfectly. I've never seen such a good bunnie drawing before. I'd like to have a go but I don't think I could get the shading right :oops:

I've only done a couple with shading in but I can tell you what I've learnt so far :) It's easiest with a photo with lots of contrast. For example if you look at the black bunny in your signature there are lots of different shades from quite light to really dark. Outside in the sun seems to work best to get that. You can also play with the contrast in a graphics program to help when your drawing ;)

I guess it's a bit like drawing the actual bunny I just look for the patterns/shapes in the fur. I draw the darkest bits first. The texture is lots of short lines crossing over each other at slightly different angles. It's kinda hard to explain :? I could try videoing a bit but I don't know if it will work :lol:

I so wish I could draw. Tamsin you've made it look like a piece of cake, but I still wouldn't get anywhere near that!

I'm reallly envious:lol:

hmm this has inspired me i did a piccy of chelsea last but it is at mums(was a gift for her) and is proudly displayed in chelseas room, might have a go at dora and snowy if i get a chance tho.

:oops:
010-3.jpg

Tamsin, (or anyone else) have you drawn any rexes and how did you do their fur?

I printed these instructions ages ago and finally got round to drawing poppy last night but the velvety fur was more difficult than I thought. :shock:

This is a really good thread, I've never attempted a bunny before cus they just look tooooooo hard, but will be having a go now I think!

I hadn't drawn since this time last year however I decided to have a go after reading through this thread. I never realised how hard bunnies are to draw!:shock:

I've just about got the body done, however the foot is still looking strange.:?
2008-06-12-1217-03.jpg

a13.jpg

I need to add more detail and shading, although I have no idea about how to create the look of rex fur!:shock:

I got myself in the drawing mood so decided to do a sketch of Smokey too. It needs more work, but I much prefer drawing horses!;) They're much easier!:D
2008-06-12-1215-39.jpg

SJ.jpg

Back