• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How old were you when you.....

got your 1st rabbit????

• 0-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-30

• 31-40

• 41-50

• 51-60

• 61-70

• Total voters
5, I don't think I actually ever looked after them, but I think I played with them. Since then (now I am 13 and take more responsibility ie cleaning, feeding, playing, spoiling them.) have had a rabbit.

Kirsty x

My parents bred rabbits and guineas when i was little.

one day they said they all went to a petting zoo.

13 years on I just discovered a fox broke into the shed they lived in and they were no more.

lies....all lies

I have had bunnies for as long as I can remember....my parents love them too! I bought my first bunny myself when I was 16, he was called Grover. :)

under 5 i think..my suister had a black bun i had an albino one..called..blackie n snowy..um original eh! we were out in afrciaI was born there) and we had to taske the buns indoors every dusk and every time we went out or theyd end up as someones dinner.. :(

i didnt have them for more than a few months as we came back to live in england an i was heartbroken seeing them leave and our chickens..

when i was let me see..33 yrs old i got my first own bunny a house bunny as id been recommended to get one for our third nervy cat..something on her wavelength..and it was and it worked.they were best pals..none of the 3 cats ever were lonely as they always had her to run around with..sadly i got her from a pet shop..she was still rung as well..i was so naive..bu thankfully she taught me a lot..and i have her to thank for my love of bunnies..my rabbit terro..my psycho bunny..a doe with huge attitude but a tv addict..her end of the sofa was out of bounds!!
i didnt weant another rabbit..i lost my cat to heart failure then kibbles with her constant molar probs..and i moved house..my next door neighbours friends bun had another litter( she was lloking after an entire buck of her mates who wqas leaving her hubby..the kids let mr bun out and she got pregant again..
i was whisked over when buns w ere about 3 or four weeks old and i was smitten..one chose me and he came to live with us at 6 weeks old..he was a real character who died suddenly and horribly devastating us..within 2 months we had oscar..he chose us too and he was from abreeder closing down and he was 8 months old..
his mate bif came from a local rescue..
oscar has been our fave bun i think he was so much like our cat with the heart prob..everybodys friend..so sorely missed..but berties filling the gap in bifs heart and imsmitten by the frenchie bug im afraid! i trawl he rescues hunting for one! trouble is where do i stop..until i cant afford to sell anythingelse to pay for buns vet fees? :lol:

31 :oops: When i found Billy, a stray, across the road, never looked back, although i lost Billy, he opened me up to the world of rabbits and i now have Lily and Charlie :D

I was 3! :shock: :shock:

We had 2 stroppy Nethies called Amanda and Amelia. After that we had 2 Dutch girls and a Dutch buck (called Buck!) which is where my love for beautiful Dutch bunnies comes from.

Then in November (aged 27) I fell in love with my beautiful Ben and managed to pursuade my husband that we really needed a bunny in our lives and now I think we are complete (for the moment) with Ben's other half, the lovely Lily.

i was 23 - got them last august :D

I had had a cat at home with the parents, and then a hamster when i first moved in with my boyfriend, but when we bought our first house last year with a garden, we were finally able to get rabbits 8) I still have a hamster too :D

Tango is my first. I was 21 when I got him. Have/ had wanted a rabbit since since I was 6/7. I'm glad I waited because I don't think I would have appreciated how great they are the way I do now!

I had guinea pigs from the age of five, we lived in a tower block and they lived in my bedroom, poor piggies :( They only cat grass, never got to run free on grass :(
I got my first rabbit aged about 8 I think, when we moved into a house :D

20. my housemate got one and once i realised they weren't boring little creatures that sit in teeny hutches all day I fell in love and got Charlie and shortly afterwards Jack.

Will never be without them now although I think when these two go I will wait a bit - your first ones are always a bit special...

x

I was 22 when I got Ted and Dougal, I was never allowed pets as a child, within 3 weeks of leaving home I bought them!

My 21st Birthday Present, in 2005 .....
My dog had just died, and I wanted an animal I hadnt had before, and I wanted an animal I wouldnt get to attached to :roll: :lol:
Got the wrong choice then I think :lol:
Then I got Isaac as my sisters 21st birthday present to myself lol :lol: last year

Stuy was a 30th birthday present from my O/H and I would say the best present ever :love:
I'd never had a pet before, other than a goldfish!! Now, I would never be without a bunny or three!!!! :D :D

my sister and I had rabbits when I was 6 and she was 12...we had sole care of them ourselves and I think they had a pretty good life as they had an enormous hutch and free range in the garden each day...however we didnt know about fly strike and one of them had to be PTS after getting it when she was 6 :(

I think we were very responsible children, but Im not convinced any animal makes a good pet for a child :? I guess my parents allowed us to have rabbits as my sister was older.

my younger sister got a bunny when I was about 15, but I gotmine when i was 30 :oops: (or twenty-ten as I like it to be known :lol: )

I was 5. She was a New Zealand white called Pom Pom. She had a sad old life really, sat in her hutch all day. She came out a few times on a lead but she never had a run, poor thing. Can't remember how long we had her, a few years I think. I wish i'd have known how to look after her properly but i'm making up for it now by spoiling my four :D

Back