• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much do you spend on your rabbits - challenge

Haha, mine would be alright if it wasn't for Nutmeg! Worth it though. :love:

I've been moaning about insurance premiums but I've now got blockage surgery that happened after midnight to pay for (don't know if the timing costs more but is really should), so that's kicked this year off nicely. Since Gracie's insurance was £84 I think it will be money well spent!

Last few weeks
£20 on pellets
£56 on stuff for the new bunny house
£512 for the materials for the new bunny house
Roughly £25 on vegis
£32 on Hay
£20 on fitch
£50 donation for new rescue bunny

Am not even going to add that lot up!

Whoever said bunnies were cheap to keep was very wrong.

Pellets £14.99
hay £16
Veg £5.50
Hay for pets order £49.73
Total for January so far £86.22

Should only need hay and vegies in Feb and they do share everything with the guineapigs so their costs are shown here. I don't think that's too bad for four rabbits and two guinea pigs.

oh gosh i dont even want to think about what i've spent so far just this year, let alone since i've had them :lol:
But just off of the top of my head, since christmas i would guess:
£260 vet bills for tinkerbelle
£60 smudge cremation :(
£40 crate
£30 playpen
£20 new carrier
£30 veggies
£10 megazorb and puppy pads
£6 hay
£15 tunnel
£50 (???) various toys and treats etc
I'm never doing this again :lol: at least £500 in 2 months.... Please never let me have large sums of money ever again xD
But like £300 was vets so i'll let myself off hehe

ETA: £25 new fleeces, pillows and towels, plus waterproof mat while tinkerbelle was re-litter-trained inside XD

I mostly buy online from the hay experts but sometimes zooplus or Galens gardens.
I've also brought sticks, forage, fleeces and my shed sign from people on RU and brought my guineapig setup from the Hutchman from this forum.

I mostly buy online being honest.. similar to Tabithackat purchase from Hayexperts or Petplanet! but sometimes delivery costs can be a little too costly!

Back