• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much do you pay ..

HS said:
Gosh my vets are cheap. It used to be free, but they've introduced a £5 fee now.

See surely that should be the norm?! All they are doing is looking in their mouth/ears etc ... Not actually "doing" anything :? Snowy, Helen - You have great vets!! :D X

£14.50 or £15.50 (cannot remember which one it is :oops: :lol: ) first consultation fee + any meds on top, if I have follow ups with regards the first visit then it is just the costs of the medication there after. If I am booked in for vaccinations then I dont get the consultation fee, just the cost of the two vaccinations.

Never been in for a nail cutting session as mine are checked over at every visit so if Louise see's a nail that needs clipping she just whips it off :wink: and I dont get charged :D

I paid £34.?? for a castration and a check up 3 days later included in that, but my vaccinations are £27.00 for the both which does seem alittle high but I am not worried by it :wink: :D

My emergency out of hours call out fee is £65.00. X ray was £60 I think :? :? I know my one bill came to £150 and that included out of hours call out fee, batril, panacur, painkiller and an X ray :wink:

I was dead chuffed to find this vet as my previous vets was £22 consultation fee everytime before any meds and that was some 6 years ago so when I was told at my new vets that small animal consultation fee was different to cat or dog I was gobsmacked :D :D

Don't think I've ever taken my rabbits to the vets for just a check up.

I know when they've been poorly (as Barley was recently), they do breakdown the bill to consultation fee and meds, but to be honest I don't look at it and just hand my credit card over and pay that bill at the end of the month!

They do get checked over when they have their jabs - it's just part of the visit, don't charge any more.

Well that's my experience.

£20, should be per rabbit but I normally get a discount esp. with a litter. This dosnt include any medication or treatments though.

My vet charges £6 to see a guinea pig or a bunny - even if i take 2!

Cheap i know.
There are two other local vets.. who both charge £20 each just to see them!

my vets are very good really.

£18.50 to walk through the door with first bun, £12.50 each after that!!! :shock: :shock: :?

How did you guys find your cheap vets??? I've just had a bit of a ring round and the last one has told me it's £36.90 for a consultation and then any follow ups needed £28.79 as long as it's for the same condition :shock: :shock: :shock: Oh, but that does include VAT ...............

chloaster said:
I've just had a bit of a ring round and the last one has told me it's £36.90 for a consultation and then any follow ups needed £28.79 as long as it's for the same condition :shock: :shock: :shock: Oh, but that does include VAT ...............

:shock: :shock:

Thats ridiculous

Janex

beckiboo186 said:
snowy said:
For a check up is nothing, we just pay for medication and treatments and operations

Thats brill :D I think about £10 would be reasonable, I think its daylight robbery to charge £20 to look at the bunster (Lets face it, thats what they're doing) ... Maybe Im just tight :oops: :lol: Xx

mine's £10 :D
quite reasonable my vets, and they do quite a good job as well :D

£15 for first consult, plus meds, then either free or £5 depending on which vet i see! obviously i always try to see the free one! :lol: my vets are fab though, very understanding and trusting of me which is really good. castrate is about £40 and i think a spay is about £50. When Pistachio lost her eye it cost me about £300 all in which for how much she had done and how many times i was back there with her, at least once a week for about 5 weeks, was good! x Jess

My vet has gone up to £19.95 for a consultation, but I book one bun in & take a few :oops: :lol:

A 2am call-out was £70 for Barley's eye :shock: - although i've taken her for 3 rechecks so far & not been charged & she has another on Monday - & they are actually for her ear.

A home visit is £50, although I get a vet nurse to visit daily when i'm on holiday & that's only £20 - which sounds a lot, but my housesitter isn't bun-savvy.

how much do you pay

My vets charge £32 for a consult plus extra for any treatment/drugs that may be needed :(
This is ongoing so everytime you take your bunny back you have to pay the £32 plus :( usually my bill comes to over a hundred pounds every time i go :(

mandy said:
Yeah I think it is about that Isabel- £8.50ish I think

Sorry to go o/t but...Speaking of our amazing vets Mandy, my friend who has a poorly rabbit with spurs and liver damage was told by her usual vet that he may well die during the operation to remove the spurs (bearing in mind that the girl she had speyed there a couple of weeks ago also died). I recomended our vet who said they should be able to do it without a problem and without the need for GA (which would be detrimental as he has liver damage). Her usual vet said that if any vet says they can do it without GA they are lying...sounds like a nice guy! To top it off her bunny (who is known as the brat at her usual vets) apparently turned into a proper cuddle bunny at Gamston. I don't know what they do to them there but Barney and ROxy are exactly the same. I think they must use subliminal rabbit calming music that we can't hear.

Thats brilliant, your friend must be so pleased! Awful other vets :evil:

Audrey is still naughty at the vets- they laugh at how stubborn she is and I say she's nice at home honest :oops: :lol: But for her to be naughty is probably a good thing as for Audrey that does mean she is relaxed :lol:

I like how kind and gentle they are with her...one vet I took Hann to pulled him out of the carrier by his ears :evil:

Back