• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much did you pay for your rabbits?

£28 for Bunsk from P@H - came to £90 something with cage (too small) etc.

Milo was around £25 for pets at home.
Fizz was free from my partners nan who was fostering her.
Roo was free from preloved
Sally was around £55 from a rescue (I gave £10 extra for the help with bonding if I remember rightly)

Sally was the most expensive to buy but cost a hell of a lot less than the others in the long run as she was spayed and vaccinated. Also it felt like I was helping more than just her when I gave my donation :love:.

Pip £35 P@H - Still have receipt that reads 'rabbit' :roll:
Rusty about £35 or £45 I think from RSPCA, already castrated & Myxi'd.

Gosh, I can't remember. We have bought 3 buns about 15 years ago- Daisy ( and english), who died very soon after we got her to a clostridium infection and Bramble and Clover ( dwarf lops). They were bought as companions for Benji, our wildie. Ever since then we have taken in recues and they have cost nothing, except for vet bills!

nala and thumper (sisters) i got free advertised online - to find both pregnant (they gave birth that week!)
kiarah - free - thumpers daughter
kazi - 25 from a pet shop - i felt sorry for him
misty - ex breeder
sarabi - 15 on gumtree - poor little fella was sat in a tiny cage with no hay or food :(

Sydnee was £10 from a pet shop. He was brought by someone and then dumped back on their doorstep so they were re-selling him but asking for less money as he was already nearly a year old.

Angel was £30 from a rescue.

Pippin was free.

Molly was £25 from a petshop.
Faline was £5 she was from a breeder but 'a reject' as she didn't meet the standard. I went a long way for her.

Barney was £50 but the money was really for the bits he came with, cage, bottle and bowl, hay, food etc

Handed in to the P@H adoption section but they didnt have room for him, got him direct from the manager.

Parsley, Tensing & Gilbert were all $20 (adoption fee) as I was either on staff or volunteering when they came to me (so 1/2 price!), Parsley was a foster & the boys were her 1st & 2nd husbands.
The full adoption fee is $40 which is nothing considering the buns are vet checked, desexed, RCD vax & microchipped! A baby bun from a pet shop or breeder is around the same cost here & yet still people don't readily go to shelters & adopt even though those buns have everything done :(
Aubrey was a foundling so free but cost me around $160 to get all his bits & bobs done.
Ruby who is still a foster technically has cost a whopping $500++ as she has needed emergency vet tx which the shelter won't cover. I've met these costs coz she is :love::love::love: & I am a failed foster Mummy!

Last edited:
I paid £10 for my first rabbit to my friends dad who was a breeder. Some of the rabbits we had there after were from accidental litters so didn't pay anything. I paid £25 for two bunnies from pets at home. All my other rabbits have been rescue rabbits or strays.

For current bunnies: Jack was free, he was given to us by a pet shop as someone dropped him off in a box in front of the pet shop.

Ben and Timothy were gotten off craigslist. They were $20 I think. The husband had gotten them for his wife from a pet shop 2 wks before for easter and they decided they didn't want them anymore.

I know Izzy, Raven, and Sunny were from a pet shop for $30 each. Their owners bred and showed rabbits and they didn't qualify as show rabbits so they gave them to the pet shop. My other buns were gotten when I was much younger so I don't know how much my parents paid for them.

Don't know about Schumi and Jasmine, but Eddie was 'half price' at £12 because he was 6 months old and had left behind in the garden centre due to his helicopter ears!! :cry::cry:We weren't after a bunny that day but who could resist a story like that?? xx

i paid £30 for Whiskey from a pet shop plus neutured
I paid £25 for Topsy from BARC -ready done
I paid £10 for Daisy from a house who didnt want her as they got a puppy + neutured

Biscuit £35 from a garden centre :)roll:)
Ginger £45 from the rescue - neutered and myxi vacc'd.

Tibbsy was £26 from P@H :)oops:)
Echo was £30 from the SSPCA (not vacc + not neutered)
Oliver was £60 from Forget-Me-Not Rescue (vacc + neutered)
Maisey was £60 from Brinsley Animal Rescue (vacc + neutered)

Jose: £28 from P@H
Rainbow: £45 from RSPCA Walsall
Paddy and Peaches: £75 (I think!) from RSPCA Walsall

Back