• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many times did you change housing?

Do you have pics? x

Will try and get some for tonight so keep an eye out in the photo thread, I do have a video of their shed from a while back. Try searching 'Beano and Gordon's set up' I think that was what it was called :wave:

I started with 5ft double tier hutch. I then bought one of those coop things which they lived in for about 3 months before I discovered it was unsuitable :roll: I've now got a 6x4 shed with attached 6x4 run. I don't want to think about how much money I've wasted to get to this point!!

I've put up pics of my buns shed set up, they're in the photos section called 'pics of Beano and Gordon's shed set up' :wave:

started with:

4 x 2 x 2ft hutch with 4 x 10ft run (they were too big for it by a few months old)

then:

7 x 5ft shed with a 4 x 2 x 2 double hutch inside, shed floor to play, and a 6 x 4 x 2ft run attached - also a 4 x 2 x 2ft double hutch with 4 x 10ft run attached on the grass for playing in in summer. (don't know why i just didn't get a run :?)

then:

they got ill with their snuffles and moved inside my box room bedroom, they had a 4ft indoor cage and had the run of my floor (not much room at all) :( but it was only for 8 weeks because...

...then:

me and o/h moved in together just for the bunnies, so they could have more room. :shock:

they had a trixie 150 cage (5ft) as their base and all downstairs to run about.

then:

i made a big nic cage as their base and they have the run of the lounge now and the garden when it's nice. :)

planning to move as soon as we can and then they will have either a nic cage again as a base, or a puppy pen (massive one) and hopefully the run of the whole house :) would love them to have their own room, would be great if we found a house so they could. :)

so yeh, alot of different set ups! :lol:

Good question - we're not all born with great bunny knowledge and learn along the way.

I've changed the outdoor buns housing 3 times. Just over 9 years ago when I first got Totti from a DIY shop, I bought the 3 foot plywood starter hutch for him :oops:. Admitedly he was an indoor bun and had the run of the lounge when I was home. He was too good at using his litter tray though and backed so far into the corner that it went over the back onto the carpet so out he went. In the 3 foot plywood hutch :oops:

That didn't stand up to the elements and I was now learning more so got a 5 foot one and a pal.

That lasted a while then I upgraded to the same RSPCA hutch, just the 6 foot version.

They don't have a run as they're free range when I can supervise them, which is daily even when the snow is deep on the gorund. I know some rescues don't agree with this but it works for me and my furry trio :)

Went from 4th hutch outside, to 4 ft hutch and NIC run inside. To NIC enclosure, to dog crate, to free range in bedroom, to free range in spare room to Wendy house and run where they are now!

Started with:

3/4ft hutch with attached 4ft run (just Heather at this time)
Then we built a 8ft run for her to go in during the day
Then we adopted Barty, so had a 5ft hutch attached to a 10ft run
Then built a extension to the run so it measured 10ft x 13ft
Then got the wendyhouse and attached the existing run to it

So final (for now) set-up is 6x4 wendyhouse attached to a 10ft x13ft run!
I'm always planning to improve my housing, I'm just struggling to think of how I could extend the run any further :?:oops:

They had a 3ft cage to share before I adopted them...I turned that offer down.

So while they lived indoors here, they had a 3.5ft hutch with the door left open in the bathroom...
Islay and Jura's temporary setup by Niseag, on Flickr

Then a 6ft double hutch in the shed (shut as the shed had no door at the time)
032 copy by Niseag, on Flickr

Then the door left open and free run of the shed
025 copy by Niseag, on Flickr

Then new hutch in the same shed...5ft Freddie hutch. £150
Islay & Jura's new hutch by Niseag, on Flickr

I have ordered a 10ft x 8ft shed...hopefully here next week, which they will have free run off.

we spent over £150,000 on our bunny home .. they share it with us and two dalmatians...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: if only they would pay towards the mortgage :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: and then we spent nearly £20,000 on a kitchen extension just to separate the dogs from the kitchen when we were out... we got fed up with dogs helping themselves to food:lol::lol::lol::oops:

Back