• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many bunnies do you have (together in groups)?

I have a quad a trio and a single (who will be bonded to the trio once neutered). Most I had in one group was 5. For me I wouldn't want to go much larger as a limit as I feel that the larger the group the more difficult it can be to tell if someone is a bit under the weather.

That's a very fair point. Are any of them free range?

Keletkezes, my 2nd ever bunny was called Lopsy :)
We got him from OH's colleague at work ('bored child' case): he was 'originally female' and called Flopsy, but I don't really like the name Flopsy (I think it sounds like a disease!) so I went with Lopsy instead, especially as I was partly convinced he was a he XD

We got him from OH's colleague at work ('bored child' case): he was 'originally female' and called Flopsy, but I don't really like the name Flopsy (I think it sounds like a disease!) so I went with Lopsy instead, especially as I was partly convinced he was a he XD

Funnily enough I keep fish and Flopsy makes me think of Dropsy with is a very nasty fish disease! So I think you made the right call :lol:

I have six in total. A trio of sisters, a single doe and two single males. We rescued the single doe in bad condition and recently took on the two boys who used to live together, but the owner said no longer get on. We plan to bond them into a trio, once the doe is spayed.

So ideally we will have two trios, but if the second fails we would have to consider taking on another bun x

I'd love to have a trio of bunnies playing free range in the house but Daphne is such a territorial thing I think she'd seriously injure any new rabbits we bring in.

Good luck with your plan.
It sounds lovely.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I have a quad, in a shed with a run, two pairs both of whom have sheds and aviaries and also a foster pair who have a rwaf standard (60square foot) hutch and run combo, that I'll be upgrading as soon as I have enough money. probably to a hutch and aviary due to space but would ideally like a duchy farm kennel.

I just have 2, but am growing tempted to try a trio... It would be stupid to try though - we wouldn't have space for keeping 3 buns separately if it didn't work out.

I just have Crash Bunny atm, ive had pairs and singles before but Crash's buddy died, called Wally, so hes now alone. Im looking to pair him when hes ready and ive got a set up sorted indoors (he is free range +small house = going to be a pain)

I just have a pair at the moment. I would love to have a quad but wouldn't like to risk it in my current flat. It's quite small and open plan, buns have full free range so there would be no back up if the bond didn't work. Even if they were separated I think they would still be too close to each other and I suspect I'd have issues with referred aggression.

As you can see, I've spent a lot of time fantasising about having more buns but practical brain has put the bosh on it :lol:

i have 8 which was all together but after fall outs i now have 2 loving quads which take over my house and garden and every spare bit of time i have keep swapping them from inside to outside until 12 o clock at night. The last 4 have just gone to bed now lol.. i would love free range but i have 2 labradors and although they do hang about with the buns all day i would never leave them unatended xx

We're about 30 miles down the road in Basingstoke :D

Just catching up on missed threads - I'm about 8 miles from Basingstoke! Catherine is very kindly fostering my rabbits at the moment (she really pulled out all the stops as it was an emergency and even came to collect them as I was in hospital). I never cease to be amazed by people here.

Just catching up on missed threads - I'm about 8 miles from Basingstoke! Catherine is very kindly fostering my rabbits at the moment (she really pulled out all the stops as it was an emergency and even came to collect them as I was in hospital). I never cease to be amazed by people here.

Oh sorry, thought your thing said Southampton. What town are you in? Ah that's lovely, it really is a wonderful community on here, isn't it? Thanks to a couple of very kind RU members we have an adoptee coming to us on Saturday who would otherwise have been put down - all the way from Leeds! :D

Oh sorry, thought your thing said Southampton. What town are you in? Ah that's lovely, it really is a wonderful community on here, isn't it? Thanks to a couple of very kind RU members we have an adoptee coming to us on Saturday who would otherwise have been put down - all the way from Leeds! :D

aww, feeling the love of RU :love:

I've only ever had two - did consider a trio as I have had a stray for the past few weeks but I just don't see Ruby tolerating a third. She's a bit....erm...bossy...determined?! :lol:

Back