• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How does your rabbit cope on laminate/floorboards?

Tibbs is perfectly fine with the laminate flooring, but thats all she's known. She runs on the livingroom carpet too, so has lots of space for binkies!
She does occasionally sprint down the livingroom forgetting that the carpet turns into laminate, and end up "skiing" across the floor for a bit.:lol::lol:
She will turn round and do it again though so I guess it's not doing her any harm.

Echo is still a carpet only bunny at the moment, so I'm not sure how he will take to the laminate!

Well Oscar has been here for a week now and he won't venture off the carpet.
At least he can have 24hr access to the conservatory without me worrying about him venturing into the rest of the house I suppose!

:wave: I have lino in Gizmo's area and the kitchen and Oak flooring in the lounge dining room and a large rug, he doesn't like the wooden floor and doesn't run around aswell at all and it's not as slippery as laminate as it is real wood. I personally wouldn't recommend it with bunnies which is annoying as it is a better surface to keep clean in terms of hay etc He doesn't mind the lino but, would be much happier with carpet I think.:?

Echo has finally ventured onto the laminate and completely took it in his stride (sorry :oops::lol:).
He bopped around quite happily, so I think it's dependant on the bunny - some will be steadier on their feet.

Cassie and Oakley have the occasional skid skid on the laminate floor but can cope with it for hopping around.

I have had to put a rug, fleecy blankets, fleecy dog beds and some gym mats on the laminate in the dining room where they live due to them having delicate rexy hocks and Oakley has thin pads on his feet so it is too hard for them to be on for long.

bart copes ok on our kitchen floor which is a sort of tile effect laminate flooring? he bops about and jumps around quite well, but if he picks up some good speed he will skid into things the poor sod!

we're thinking about getting some carpet tiles or something :)

Echo has finally ventured onto the laminate and completely took it in his stride (sorry :oops::lol:).
He bopped around quite happily, so I think it's dependant on the bunny - some will be steadier on their feet.

:lol::lol: Vin used to be fine, it was only when she developed her EC that she had problems with it, even though she's hopping fine now she's not keen on the floor.
However she had a little adventure yesterday and hopped to under the table (her 'den' :lol:) and had a mad dash back so I'm hoping she just needs to build up her strength :)

Dexter is fine, he seems to have developed air brakes.

Silly boy hasn't worked out yet than when your feet are fluffy it makes things tricky. Avoids running full pelt at the cupboards now after he headbutted them the first time.

My 2 are pretty good with the flooring,its all B's known,but I do have quite a few rugs.I always make sure they have a rug where they jump in & out of cage even if I move the others.:)our stairs are laminate & though B can get up them we dont encourage her as they are fairly dangerous & she has slipped before.

Back