• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you cope?

Hello Martin, I absolutely know how you feel as well. Our Little Ted was in and out of stasis for a month 3 months ago, fortunatley he is insured as his bill was over £1700 :shock:. We could hardly sleep or work for worrying, my OH Martyn broke down in tears at work (and he is a big rugby playing bloke) as he was so worried about our little boy. A few things we've tried since he got well again (and he's really full of the joys of spring right now) is we introduced more types of veg and herbs (very slowly though, only a tiny piece one thing every few days to get him used to it) and cut down foods from the brassica family which cause gas. He has baled hay which he loves and eats more than he used to, a lot more. We count his pellets so his intake is very strictly controlled and we got some Protexin Profibre pellets of which he has half a dozen with his normal food. Buns can go into stasis is they've not got enough fibre so loads of hay and the Profibre pellets and he does amazing poos now! One thing that would particularly concern me from your post to be honest is that there's food going in but not coming out. When Ted wasn't pooping he wasn't eating either. I imagine your bunny would seem ill if he had a blockage, but do you know if this has been ruled out?

We've had to keep our bunnies separate now though as Rosie was picking on Ted and causing problems :cry: But they are house bunnies so plenty of company and they are really happy :D. Hope things start looking up for you very soon.

Hi Martlou..

Thank You, and I can soo relate to your post, I've shed tears more than once, the worry and the exhausting just kind of brings you to this state.. (not to mention the vet bills and other expensises.. Omg!) he's cleaned me out on every level I think this time.

And well.. the vet checked his tum while he was under and said it felt absolutely fine and she wasn't worried at all, then his usual vet checked again last week and said, he thinks he just has some fur in there etc and he will be ok.

but it's strange, he's been absolutley stuffing himself, eating, drinking and mostly active the whole time.. this is why Im so confused..

This last week he has been pooping just a batch or so a day and maybe just a few throughout the day but not a lot, but sometimes it's small and bitty, and then other times it's starting to look more normal, then it might bitty and weird again, then normal again, sometimes his cecals looks perfect and other times they seem to just fall apart or sloppy.. today he's pooped the most he's done so far and they looked fine, and there was a few nice golden ones there mixed in with smaller ones, but then a few hours later he did another batch which were kind of mushy..

I can't work out, when he wasn't pooping at all, he seemed really happy, and was whizzing around everywhere.. but was nothing at all coming out, now there is poop coming out, he seems more fed up, which doesn't make sense..

His appatetie is fine the whole time..

I don't know if he's sitll coming out of stasis so it's taking a while to balance out properly.. he did stop eating and pooping for a couple of days about 3 weeks ago, then had a dental and only ate veg for a few days after that. but he's eating as normal now though seems kinda fed up, but will perk up at certain times and get into his usual mischeif, then look fed up, then perk up again etc.. :S

Back