• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Do You Catch your Buns?

I do it with LOTS of swearing.... lots of running... lots of shouting... lots of angry huffing and puffing (from me that is).... lots of empty threads to the rabbits... lots of cuts and grazes (on me!!).... and I end up with a tired and peed of Janak... but two bunnies who are locked up plotting their escape!!

Love to see that! :lol::lol:

hehe i start switching off lights, tell Tinker it's bedtime, and she usually waits for me at the top of the stairs. :lol::love:

Normally he's free-ranging, so I have to corner him in a room and normally I gently press him down for a second so he doesn't jump away, then pick him up. He'll try to run away at first, but once I've got him he submits. :lol:

How Do You Catch your Buns?

quickly, or not at all!

i say "come for a love". they come forward. they haven't worked out that 'treat' and 'love' are not the same word. so when they come near, i rub their noses and pick them up quickly. tabby is quite willing but matthew doesn't like noserubs and doesn't like being picked up - though he loves the cuddle when he gets there. if i need to pick them up whether they like it or not, i sing their songs. they have a rabbit-charming song each.

Its a combination of strawberries and a large towel with dexter.... he wont go to his bed when you tell him (he has this look that says 'S*D off mum!) but if you give him a strawberry and say 'take it in your bed' he does??? Weirdo. :roll:

Love to see that! :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Its not a good look! "get the :censored: in now otherwise you won't get fed tonight!!!" :lol:

Its because Noisette gets her medication at night, so they see me and associate me as the bad man with the medicine, so they leg it!! During the day they see me as the nice man with food :shock:

:lol::lol::lol: Its not a good look! "get the :censored: in now otherwise you won't get fed tonight!!!" :lol:

Its because Noisette gets her medication at night, so they see me and associate me as the bad man with the medicine, so they leg it!! During the day they see me as the nice man with food :shock:

AHHHHHHHHH thats where you are going wrong i give frosty her meds before dinner, so i can win her round a bit for being such an evil mommie, even if it is just snatch and grumpy turned back :lol:

AHHHHHHHHH thats where you are going wrong i give frosty her meds before dinner, so i can win her round a bit for being such an evil mommie, even if it is just snatch and grumpy turned back :lol:

:lol::lol: thats what I do too!! But they would obviously rather have their freedom than food! My bunnies are wildies at heart though, they don't do well locked up for longer than about... 2 hours :lol:

my[outdoor] bunnies are always so desperate for food that at teatime they sit staring at the kitchen window until i go out with food then they are straight in the shed no probs.:D

Lola comes to me and I can just scoop her up and blow raspberries on her belly. :roll::lol: Silleh Bunneh :love::love:

I wish mine were like that! Leo is an absolute angel to pick up when he's in his cage but if he's free ranging no chance.

Archie has to be in the mood to be picked up. :roll:

Back