• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How did your bunnies/pets get their names?

i agree, Amber is a lovely name for a lovely bunny.
mine have all been already named & it has never felt right to change them :lol: - but they have always been names i've been very happy with :)
Pepper and Tulip fit them. Here I was imagining Tulip digging up the garden!

Your bunnies names are lovely bunny momma, particularly Amber, really suits her. I've only ever had two buns, sadly both now at the bridge. I chose the names Toffee and Treacle , before I'd even found the bunnies, just liked the sound of them. They did suit them though, both were the sweetest natured bunnies.

:love:

Winona was originally named Monica after Monica from Friends. We called her Winona after Winona Ryder, but after we had her for a few months we recognised she was more of a Winnie.

Zigzag was originally called Mopsy, a truly awful name in my opinion! We struggled to name him, and then suddenly realised he looked like a Zigzag!

Although we usually call them Crumpet and Mimi.

Tessie (rip) brown rabbit and Daisy white rabbit were already named at barc.

https://ibb.co/ydGfy6x

I named Frosty and Snowflake cos I got them in november (2012)

https://ibb.co/sPQWYmt

Loganberry and Moondust were named at honeybunnies rescue and I adore the names

https://ibb.co/9qwtyyT

I recently adopted another honeybunny when I lost Tessie, leaving Snowflake alone. She is a lovely soft grey colour and when I was chatting to her during her first few days with me I started calling her Dusty and it stuck.

https://ibb.co/D7dsVm8

https://ibb.co/Jnc4KVT

Jake was called Jake when we adopted him and it suited him so we kept it.

Jasmine was called Mimosa but we changed it to match Jake better.

Bigwig we named after Watership Down of course! I hand reared her and her siblings and gave them the names immediately, we got quite lucky with the genders as the others were all boys (Fiver, Hazel and Blackavar). Apart from Bigwig who turned out to be a girl but we kept the name anyway. She is a lion head cross and was the boldest of them all.

Ellie guinea pig we originally named Alice (to go with Arnie who we adopted her for company) but I accidentally called her Ellie after a couple of days and decided we liked it better. Rocco guinea pig was called Rou at the rescue but we weren't keen, kept the R and changed to Rocco my fav character with animal crossing :lol:

Jack dog was already called Jack. I don't change dogs names, we did think about it as our last dog was also Jack (again came with the name) but we were going to change to Zac or Mack so the dog wouldn't know but we didn't in the end.

Britney and Whitney were already named by the rescue and they just made me laugh so much that I couldn't bring myself to change them. It still makes me laugh when their names get called at the vets and it seems to make everyone else smile :D

Phillip is a bit more of strange one. Many years ago we got our first rabbit, Biscuit. He was so mischievous and was always getting into places or chewing through things he shouldn't. We used to joke if he could speak he'd say things like "It wasn't me, it was my imaginary friend Phillip."
Fast forward to 2018 when we rescued Phillip, our first male bunny since Biscuit, we just knew he had to be a Phillip. It's funny because he does so many mischievous things that he definitely would've been a legitimate scapegoat when we had Biscuit :lol:

OH still wants us to adopt another bunny to be called Stuart. This is not going to happen as my sanity would not cope nor have I room for 3 bunnies. Also a vegetarian household with Bunny Stu - nope!

Britney and Whitney were already named by the rescue and they just made me laugh so much that I couldn't bring myself to change them. It still makes me laugh when their names get called at the vets and it seems to make everyone else smile :D

Phillip is a bit more of strange one. Many years ago we got our first rabbit, Biscuit. He was so mischievous and was always getting into places or chewing through things he shouldn't. We used to joke if he could speak he'd say things like "It wasn't me, it was my imaginary friend Phillip."
Fast forward to 2018 when we rescued Phillip, our first male bunny since Biscuit, we just knew he had to be a Phillip. It's funny because he does so many mischievous things that he definitely would've been a legitimate scapegoat when we had Biscuit :lol:

That is such a cool story :love: swoooon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OH still wants us to adopt another bunny to be called Stuart. This is not going to happen as my sanity would not cope nor have I room for 3 bunnies. Also a vegetarian household with Bunny Stu - nope!

Go get him. You already have bunnies so your sanity is pretty much a goner anyway :lol:

I love this story. It’s so touching and so very...human. Just beautiful.:love:

I kept Scrappy's original name when I adopted her from her previous owner.

Peanut Butter and Snoopy were called Mulberry and Logan when they were at the rescue. I decided to rename them. Mulberry's fur was a beige colour which reminded me of a peanut. That percolated in my brain for a bit until I thought of Peanuts and Snoopy. And from there I got to Peanut Butter and Snoopy.

I have to admit that I stole the name Chocolate Fudge Cake from someone on here. I think they had a guinea pig with that name. I loved it as a name for a bunny, although I always shorten it to Fudgie. It does get a laugh in the waiting room when the vet calls out "Chocolate Fudge Cake!".

Hopefully I'll have bunnies for many more years to come as I've got loads more future names lined up. I read a book a few years ago which featured a dog named Bum. So a future bunny of mine will be "blessed" with that name. The vets are going to love me!

Also, if a black and white doe hops into my life I'll be naming her Dangermouse in honour of Mousey pops.

Thankfully ours have all come with lovely names.

As hubby insists he wants to name one Borislav [emoji20]

Flopsy used to be known as Lord or Sir Flopsicles as he was very chivalrous

Primrose was nicknamed Princess by hubby as his Princess as only he was allowed to give head rubs and it stuck

Rodney is known as Rodders and loves it although also Scamp and Ruffian depending on his hair style for the day

And Blossom is now known as Lady Bloss

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Peanut Butter and Snoopy were called Mulberry and Logan when they were at the rescue. I decided to rename them. Mulberry's fur was a beige colour which reminded me of a peanut. That percolated in my brain for a bit until I thought of Peanuts and Snoopy. And from there I got to Peanut Butter and Snoopy.

I have to admit that I stole the name Chocolate Fudge Cake from someone on here. I think they had a guinea pig with that name. I loved it as a name for a bunny, although I always shorten it to Fudgie. It does get a laugh in the waiting room when the vet calls out "Chocolate Fudge Cake!".

Hopefully I'll have bunnies for many more years to come as I've got loads more future names lined up. I read a book a few years ago which featured a dog named Bum. So a future bunny of mine will be "blessed" with that name. The vets are going to love me!

Also, if a black and white doe hops into my life I'll be naming her Dangermouse in honour of Mousey pops.

:love:

I'm liking all these stories

for bunny names, Britney & Whitney are the bestest. So funny & they suit them so much somehow.

Lovely! I had a hamster named snoopy when I was a young teen. Peanuts comic, Snoopy is a favorite along with Woodstock.

Bum:lol:

Last edited:
Thankfully ours have all come with lovely names.

As hubby insists he wants to name one Borislav [emoji20]

Flopsy used to be known as Lord or Sir Flopsicles as he was very chivalrous

Primrose was nicknamed Princess by hubby as his Princess as only he was allowed to give head rubs and it stuck

Rodney is known as Rodders and loves it although also Scamp and Ruffian depending on his hair style for the day

And Blossom is now known as Lady Bloss

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I am glad no one named me for my hair-especially before hair salons reopened!
Lady Bloss :D

Perhaps Phillip has an imaginary friend named Biscuit.

Back