• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How did your bunnies/pets get their names?

OH still wants us to adopt another bunny to be called Stuart. This is not going to happen as my sanity would not cope nor have I room for 3 bunnies. Also a vegetarian household with Bunny Stu - nope!
Ooh, someone on here used to have Stu, Pie and Casserole :love:

Brintey and Whitney couldn't be anything else :love:

Phillip's story :D

We were asked by our mates why we didn't choose another weird D&D monster to go with Aboleth and why we didn't call her Beholder (similarly trademarked monster with one big eye) because she had the right number of big eyes for that XD But Aboleths have three eyes so an odd number of eyes seemed righ :D

Lopsy gets called Doodle all the time, because he doodles about :D Chibbs gets a veriety of Chibby-names too.

I have to admit that I stole the name Chocolate Fudge Cake from someone on here. I think they had a guinea pig with that name. I loved it as a name for a bunny, although I always shorten it to Fudgie. It does get a laugh in the waiting room when the vet calls out "Chocolate Fudge Cake!".

One of my Bridge guinea-pigs was called Mr Chocolate Fudge Cake :love: I now have Mr Salted Caramel and Mr Chocolate Brownie. Mr Salted Caramel has been at the vets quite a lot having an eye removed and earlier this year a lump on his back removed and when there are other people in the waiting room it does get a smile. I am very particular about the 'Mr' part of their name too:):) when the receptionist or vet say their name.

One of my Bridge guinea-pigs was called Mr Chocolate Fudge Cake :love: I now have Mr Salted Caramel and Mr Chocolate Brownie. Mr Salted Caramel has been at the vets quite a lot having an eye removed and earlier this year a lump on his back removed and when there are other people in the waiting room it does get a smile. I am very particular about the 'Mr' part of their name too:):) when the receptionist or vet say their name.

:lol: :lol:

i really hope Lord Archie & Lady Pip get called correctly at the vets :)

Frosty sounds a nice normal name. I do call him Tottling or even Tottlington schmoo. Not at the vets though!

I've had a few bunnies so won't go through all their names but I think the best names I came up with were for Curious and Quiet. They were black lop eared rabbits which, bar a very minuscule number of white hairs on both them and a slight difference in nose shape, it was very difficult to tell them apart so they got named after their personalities cause I couldn't take them to the vet for their first visit calling them rabbit number one and rabbit number two.

My vet receptionist was v rude about my chosen spelling of Rudey (you don't really want it spelling like that?) Absolutely ridiculous - was she worried his classmates would take the pee when he started school:lol: It only occurred to me after I changed his name that Diesel was actually a really good one for him since he looked like an oil slick

I suddenly have a craving for sweets!

My vet receptionist was v rude about my chosen spelling of Rudey (you don't really want it spelling like that?) Absolutely ridiculous - was she worried his classmates would take the pee when he started school:lol: It only occurred to me after I changed his name that Diesel was actually a really good one for him since he looked like an oil slick

Many years ago I had blackie and his fur gleamed so much,spouse called him vitalis bunny after an old hair care product that was used to slick hair back. Rudey does have that same look. My Raven is only slightly less slick. Slick?

Many years ago I had blackie and his fur gleamed so much,spouse called him vitalis bunny after an old hair care product that was used to slick hair back. Rudey does have that same look. My Raven is only slightly less slick. Slick?

awww:love: you should share some pics. I have to get my fix through other peoples black bunnies nowadays. Pretty please

I've had a few bunnies so won't go through all their names but I think the best names I came up with were for Curious and Quiet. They were black lop eared rabbits which, bar a very minuscule number of white hairs on both them and a slight difference in nose shape, it was very difficult to tell them apart so they got named after their personalities cause I couldn't take them to the vet for their first visit calling them rabbit number one and rabbit number two.
Lovely names, Did they stay curious and quiet personality wise?

Lovely names, Did they stay curious and quiet personality wise?

Yes. Quiet was a mellow boy and eventually we reached an agreement that as soon as I go home from work I would go in his run and say "Ready?" and wait for him to shuffle his feet and look at me before I picked him up for a fuss. During said fuss I'm pretty sure he fell asleep on me on quite a few occasions cause gentle pokes when I needed to make tee wouldn't get a reaction .

Curious was exactly that, very nosy and and just couldn't sit still.

Yes. Quiet was a mellow boy and eventually we reached an agreement that as soon as I go home from work I would go in his run and say "Ready?" and wait for him to shuffle his feet and look at me before I picked him up for a fuss. During said fuss I'm pretty sure he fell asleep on me on quite a few occasions cause gentle pokes when I needed to make tee wouldn't get a reaction .

Curious was exactly that, very nosy and and just couldn't sit still.
You got the best of both worlds-one to cuddle and one to provide entertainment.

awww:love: you should share some pics. I have to get my fix through other peoples black bunnies nowadays. Pretty please

Raven turns his back on the camera so many are his rear! Nephew took some this winter so I will try to post couple.
I enjoy other ru member's pictures and some remind me of my past bunnies.

Back