• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can i stop rabbit weeing on me?!

TinkerBelle

Young Bun
Hi can anyone help me how to stop Roxxy weeing and pooping on me and the couch, today alone i have had to wash a blanket a onsie and a dressing gown!! I have tried taking her off sofa every hour or so and putting her in hutch to let her wee that hasnt made a difference, have tried banning her from getting on the sofa she just constantly jumps up again, have been to vets to see if she has an infection which she doesnt. So now have to sit on the floor all the time with her so she doesnt go up there. Its not nice at all so any help greatly appreciated.

No shes not spayed yet she will be end of this month just worried that she wont stop doing it after she has been spayed. She can be sitting on me/sofa for good half an hour getting stroked then all of a sudden she just pees every where 😩

Bunnies seem to love peeing on soft things like blankets, dressing gowns etc. Try having a litter tray with hay on the sofa if she is litter trained or if she is left alone use a shower curtain or waterproof bed sheet over the sofa and a designated blanket over the top of that. I had to do the same with Poppy as she loved the bed! I watched her do a massive wee in her litter tray once, then she jumped onto the bed, dug it, peed and lay down!

Neutering my little man stopped this almost completely and now he doesn't pee on anything soft besides my pillows (!) but I can't complain because he used to pee on EVERYTHING soft. Spaying/neutering usually helps with this but there are some bunnies that don't obey this rule hahaha.

Shes not allowed in the bedroom so at least i have one pee free place! Does nuetering and spaying have the same effect as each other (as in if it stopped your little man peeing would it work for my girl) xx

Shes not allowed in the bedroom so at least i have one pee free place! Does nuetering and spaying have the same effect as each other (as in if it stopped your little man peeing would it work for my girl) xx
I'm not 100% because I've only had one little lady and she was spayed at least 6 weeks before I adopted her. I'm sure I have heard that females generally mark their territory more than males but I don't think that males or females mark their territory once they have been 'done' unless they move somewhere new or can smell other rabbits nearby. Again, I'm sure it does depend on the individual but it probably will at least calm down.

I'm not 100% because I've only had one little lady and she was spayed at least 6 weeks before I adopted her. I'm sure I have heard that females generally mark their territory more than males but I don't think that males or females mark their territory once they have been 'done' unless they move somewhere new or can smell other rabbits nearby. Again, I'm sure it does depend on the individual but it probably will at least calm down.
Ok thank you just fingers crossed it works, the ipad case and tv remotes got a soaking this morning but at least it wasnt on me i suppose!

my big girl never did the pee thing so i cant say for her but it stopped for the big boy. ive been going through peeing and pooing wars for weeks and i sympathize with you. the boys are flicking the wee everywhere and the girls are all weeing on me and the sofa. im hoping it stops for all them soon because i have to wash wee from the hutch walls constantly. they were all spayed girls 5 weeks ago boys 3 weeks ago.

my big girl never did the pee thing so i cant say for her but it stopped for the big boy. ive been going through peeing and pooing wars for weeks and i sympathize with you. the boys are flicking the wee everywhere and the girls are all weeing on me and the sofa. im hoping it stops for all them soon because i have to wash wee from the hutch walls constantly. they were all spayed girls 5 weeks ago boys 3 weeks ago.
It really is awful isnt it especially when you just want to relax on the sofa but cant as have to be on Pee Patrol all the time.
Hopefully your guys stop soon would be good to know if spaying does help yours as thats the only reason i will get Roxxy spayed but if it doesnt work i might not.
I did just have a thought.. Although Roxxy has pee'd on me before its got worse since i got her some second hand toys (new ones are so expensive 😩) maybe she is doing it worse now because she can smell the other bunny?!

It really is awful isnt it especially when you just want to relax on the sofa but cant as have to be on Pee Patrol all the time.
Hopefully your guys stop soon would be good to know if spaying does help yours as thats the only reason i will get Roxxy spayed but if it doesnt work i might not.
I did just have a thought.. Although Roxxy has pee'd on me before its got worse since i got her some second hand toys (new ones are so expensive 😩) maybe she is doing it worse now because she can smell the other bunny?!
My little man used to spray before he was neutered, including spraying me in the face!

I would strongly advise getting her spayed still as something like 75% of adults will develop uterine cancer by the time they're 6 (or something like that), which can obviously result in them dying. They can also develop other behavioural issues and can even get aggressive.

My little man used to spray before he was neutered, including spraying me in the face!

I would strongly advise getting her spayed still as something like 75% of adults will develop uterine cancer by the time they're 6 (or something like that), which can obviously result in them dying. They can also develop other behavioural issues and can even get aggressive.
I rang the vets to book her in for spaying (£110!!) but they said she needs to have a health check before they do it, she was only there 3 weeks ago so i asked if she still needed the health check (£36!) when she was there so recently and the said she does, kind of feel they are just trying to make money 😧. Also asked if they would do health check and spay on same day as she gets quite stressed taking her there and they said no.. Is this normal for vets to do this?

I rang the vets to book her in for spaying (£110!!) but they said she needs to have a health check before they do it, she was only there 3 weeks ago so i asked if she still needed the health check (£36!) when she was there so recently and the said she does, kind of feel they are just trying to make money 😧. Also asked if they would do health check and spay on same day as she gets quite stressed taking her there and they said no.. Is this normal for vets to do this?
If I remember rightly, my boy was checked three weeks in advance (when he was vaccinated) and then again on the day of the operation. He was also only checked by a nurse anyway as they are trained to use the orthoscope (I think that's what it's called!) that they use to check their teeth and the only other checks are just ears, eyes, tummy and weight which they are all capable of doing. I would have thought it would be the same at your vet but I can't be certain.

If I remember rightly, my boy was checked three weeks in advance (when he was vaccinated) and then again on the day of the operation. He was also only checked by a nurse anyway as they are trained to use the orthoscope (I think that's what it's called!) that they use to check their teeth and the only other checks are just ears, eyes, tummy and weight which they are all capable of doing. I would have thought it would be the same at your vet but I can't be certain.

Did you have to pay for the health check as the nurse did it?

Back