• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can I convince my parents to let me get a bunny?

Once I get the first bunny, I'll be really responsible taking care of her, and then maybe they'll let me get another. :D

yes this is a possibility, if you are only having one rabit i suggest a hosue rabbit instead, is this rabbit already neutered? if not then you will need to find a good rabbit savvy vet adn get her fixed, this is for several reasons but the main one being her health the risk of an unspayed doe getting uterine cancer is 85% where as a spayed female will live to between 8 and 14 years if given the correct time and care, you need to find out what vaccinations your country does for rabbits as im not sure if it is the same as uk (we have three innoculations a year one is annually for vhd and the other two are myxi ones given every 6 months, we also do a one off wormer of 28day pannacur which protects against ec and worms, this can be repeated if yoru rabbit has come into contact with anotehr rabbit or with a likely source of ec, teeth are often an issue with lop breeds due to thier scull shapes and you will need to get these checked regualrly as well as feeding a high fibre diet (14%+ rabbit pellets vegatables and unlimited hay/grass(85%of diet shoudl be this) you need lots of space and time for a single bunny a minimum enclosure should be if indoors a 52inch dog crate permenantly open just being used as a base alternativly a puppy pen atttatched. if outdoors then you really do need a minimum of a 6x2x2ft hutch and a 6x3x6 ft runattatched or a shed/wendy house set up, bunnys are not cheap and an emergancy vet trip can set you back around £200 if needed. also bear in mind how a rabbit and dog will interact too as you dont want to cause trouble in the household x

My mom seemed more open to the idea today. We would probably have to put his cage in our spare room, and my mom thought he would be lonely, but I told her how they like snoozing in the day, and become active at dusk, when I am home. I also told her how it's good to have a spare room for him- more bunny play time! I don't think i would bring him home without asking- the owner really loves them and doesn't want something dodgy like that, but I think I'm wearing them down lol.

I'll be keeping her in the spare room, and the weather is too extreme for it to be a outside rabbit. That, and my dog outside. xD She isn't neutered but the vet I take my dog to does rabbits too and I'll be neutering her within a week of getting her.

It sounds to me like you've really thought things through - I think you'll be a great bunny mummy! :D Rabbits are blimmin expensive though, so make 100% sure your parents are willing to pay for bedding, vets bills etc before you get your bun.

My mom said yes to a bunny! Now when my dad wakes up (he works nights at the hospital) I'll ask him, but I will probably be able to since he normally agrees with my mom :D

Back