• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Horrendous. Difficult reading

To be totally honest, it doesn't really make me question my meat eating...I question it for other reasons but this incident hasn't had an effect. It's simply made me furious at the b****** who did this to the poor animal! However it may have made others think more about the food they eat, there are other ways to do that though that don't require killing an animal on live radio inhumanely!
Oh I agree. But what I meant was, as it has now been done and can't be undone and has caused so much debate has the life been wasted if it means some will now think about where there food comes from?

My views.....
I don't understand cheap journalism that needs to be sensationalist - this was being cruel for the sake of publicity, which I think is horrendous.
Having to hit a small rabbit 3 times (quoted from radio station) in order to kill it does not seem like a swift killing. Killing an animal inhumanely doesn't really equate with their whole argument.
From most bits I'm reading NO-ONE seems to be discussing animal welfare issues since this incident. The only thing under discussion is whether the presenter (and producer) should lose their jobs.
He didn't need to kill the rabbit for meat - from what I gather there's no shortage of food over in Denmark. Just because he ate it afterwards doesn't make it okay.

The way they killed the bunny was far from humane if you ask me. It upsets me to think about it.

It has had the desired effect in making people think about where their meat comes from and how it is treated but it does not make this stunt ok.

Ricky Gervais said it best, as he usually does, to quote him:

"I just battered a Danish DJ to death with a bicycle pump to show how terrible murder is."

Oh I agree. But what I meant was, as it has now been done and can't be undone and has caused so much debate has the life been wasted if it means some will now think about where there food comes from?

Why chose to do it with a rabbit thought when most people don't eat rabbit? To me it would have been atrocious no matter what animal was used, but for others it might have made them think more about where their food comes from if it was a chicken/piglet or something. This just seems to have infuriated everyone rather than make them think where their food comes from!!

Do they eat more rabbit in Denmark?
I don't have any answers just the questions!

Having a read around it seems Denmark has the highest consumption of meat in the world. People want cheap meats with no questions being asked about welfare. It seems conditions there for meat animals are pretty appalling. I guess that why he felt the need to make his point.....

What always gets me is people are outraged at the death of a bunny so what do they do? Make death threats and promote violence against a human being. And that makes them a better person how??

Last edited:
Do they eat more rabbit in Denmark?
I don't have any answers just the questions!

Having a read around it seems Denmark has the highest consumption of meat in the world. People want cheap meats with no questions being asked about welfare. It seems conditions there for meat animals are pretty appalling. I guess that why he felt the need to make his point.....

What always gets me is people are outraged at the death of a bunny so what do they do? Make death threats and promote violence against a human being. And that makes them a better person how??

Yes I read that about meat consumption in Denmark too. I think it was in his 'statement'.

if it had been a chicken or a piglet, I think people would have distanced themselves as they do now from the reality of eating them. They are animals bred to be killed and eaten, so no big deal?

Rabbits are more of a 'cross over' pet/food animal, so more scope for an emotive statement.
BTW, rabbit is available here in supermarkets, and is farmed abroad for places like the National Theatre Restaurant and such like ... They are one of the most abused farmed animals and their are no laws protecting their welfare.

Back