• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Honey has her spay on wed, 29th

Hi everyone, again thanks so much!

Well I've just phoned and the op went well... Phew!!!! But they are a little concerned as she has been in recovery a lot longer than they expected and still really groggy, at the moment I can't stop crying... Is this common and will she be alright?

they are closely monitoring her at the moment and will ring me later once they are happy she's okay! I didn't really have time to ask questions, but has this happened to anyone else's bun? Xx

Hi everyone, my little girl is finally home!

She is still very sleepy, and lying down in her litter tray. Apparently she has taken some critical care but not touched anything else.. So we are keeping her quiet & hoping she'll have a comfortable night with us.

She's currently having 0.7 of metacam & Zantac twice daily & 1ml of tramadol once a day.

Xxx

Hi everyone, my little girl is finally home!

She is still very sleepy, and lying down in her litter tray. Apparently she has taken some critical care but not touched anything else.. So we are keeping her quiet & hoping she'll have a comfortable night with us.

She's currently having 0.7 of metacam & Zantac twice daily & 1ml of tramadol once a day.

Xxx

Awww bless her. I hope that by tomorrow morning she will be feeling much brighter xx

Thanks both, yeah I was quite shocked as she's already had the 24hour pain relief & a 6-8 hour one earlier. But I'm not complaining & will do anything to make sure she's not in pain.

Well we've had some progress she has eaten one strand of hay & pooped about 5 normal poos! I've never been so happy to see poop! :) I know I'm naughty & a sucker but we've let her out to our lounge as my partner went to see her in the cage & she tried coming out. So we've given in & she's currently lying out on our fireplace.

Xxxxx

Oh I'm so glad she got through it ok and she's now back home :thumb: I read the update this afternoon and have been keeping my fingers crossed for her. Hope she's back to her old self soon.

Oh I'm so glad she got through it ok and she's now back home :thumb: I read the update this afternoon and have been keeping my fingers crossed for her. Hope she's back to her old self soon.

Aww thank you so much.. Yeah I was a right mess earlier, and they only said she could come home at 6, so we shot up as soon as we could to get her. Fingers crossed she will, we've noticed she's doing a lot of stretching so hopefully this is a good thing?!

When's scrappy due in her for hers? I Have all fingers and toes crossed for her xxxx

I'm so glad Honey's doing okay! It is a right worry for anyone, but considering everything you and your buns have gone through you've been very strong and brave. I found it hard to keep busy and wait for Amy's, especially when she had to be kept in for a little longer too. She was really groggy and stayed still in the same place for a while, did soft squishy poos at first and took a while to get her appetite back, though she didn't need any critical care. She also had dissolving stitches that she tore out and got an infection from, the little madam... :roll: Honey sounds like she's recovering well at any rate. I bet she can't wait to get up to mischief with Harvey!

Oh I know, the waiting for news from the vet is awful. You must have been tearing your hair out! Although I think it sounds as though they wanted to be absolutely sure she was ok to go home which must be a good thing.

Aww thank you. Scrappy's spay is being done on 1st June so just over a week to go. I've been getting my bits together: stocking up on her favourite hays, food and treats and some vet bed. I'll also have to restrict her space for a bit so she can't jump up onto anything. She won't like that, she's totally free range in the flat and used to coming and going as she pleases!

Sending more vibes for Honey's recovery and that she's soon back with Harvey! :love:

Aww thank you so much.. Yeah I was a right mess earlier, and they only said she could come home at 6, so we shot up as soon as we could to get her. Fingers crossed she will, we've noticed she's doing a lot of stretching so hopefully this is a good thing?!

When's scrappy due in her for hers? I Have all fingers and toes crossed for her xxxx

So glad she's home and doing well :wave: Tramadol can make them *very* sleepy and lethargic. Hopefully she's over that now? x

The stretching often happens as the wound will feel tight and a bit sore. I hope that Honey has perked up overnight and that she has eaten a little and poo'd and wee'd. I expect the Vet explained to you about checking the wound a couple of times a day to make sure it is clean and dry with no signs of severe redness or swelling.

Sending more healing vibes for Honey Bunny :love:

I'm glad Honey's op went okay and I hope she is doing well today :) I've got Winston's neuter next Tuesday....it's nerve racking!

Thanks so much everyone! Well we've given her tranadol again this morning, we do have 5 days worth but I'll see how she is.

I've just let her out, and we do have poos, about 10! She has eaten some coriander and 2 basil leaves. Also a fenugreek crunchie, doesn't look like she has touched her hay as her poos are quite sticky, but at least everything is working.

My only worry is she hasn't yet weed. How long do you think I should give her before calling the vets?

And as for her wound, she doesn't seem to be too bothered with it. It's looking a little red but not too bad at the moment. I'll keep a close eye though!

Thanks so much xxx

Scrap that.. We have wee! A very little one, but it's wee.. And she's just done a pile of the smallest poops ever which absolutely stink! So fingers crossed she'll feel like eating a little more today xxx

I'm glad Honey's op went okay and I hope she is doing well today :) I've got Winston's neuter next Tuesday....it's nerve racking!

Hi Imo, thanks so much.. Yeah she is moving round more today but has gone back to sleep now. Aww bless you, sending millions of good luck vibes to winston, my little man bounced right back after his, and was even eating that night!

I know what you mean, the waiting is torture, but I've seen from other posts, you've got a really good vet so I'm sure he'll be okay xxx

Alf always does disgusting poos after an anaesthetic - they really do smell vile :lol: Glad to hear Honey's doing well!

Back