• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Honey has her spay on wed, 29th

Scrap that.. We have wee! A very little one, but it's wee.. And she's just done a pile of the smallest poops ever which absolutely stink! So fingers crossed she'll feel like eating a little more today xxx

:lol::thumb: Good news! I hope you can feel a bit more relaxed over the Bank Holiday Weekend now :D

Thank you, god I hope so! I'm taking both back on Sunday, honey for her post op appointment & Harvey for another eye test to see if they are getting better or not. As otherwise he'll have a swob taken!

Honestly I said I was going white before, I defo am now after yesterday! Lol!

But to be fair although she's grinding her teeth a little, she has eaten a a good few strands of hay & the odd herbs so at it's something.. Shes decided on using the snuggle pad for an alternative use, which I was quite impressed with, she moves her hay onto it, heats it up & then nibbles on it!!! - genious bun if you ask me!!!! :) haha! Xxx

Thank you, god I hope so! I'm taking both back on Sunday, honey for her post op appointment & Harvey for another eye test to see if they are getting better or not. As otherwise he'll have a swob taken!

Honestly I said I was going white before, I defo am now after yesterday! Lol!

But to be fair although she's grinding her teeth a little, she has eaten a a good few strands of hay & the odd herbs so at it's something.. Shes decided on using the snuggle pad for an alternative use, which I was quite impressed with, she moves her hay onto it, heats it up & then nibbles on it!!! - genious bun if you ask me!!!! :) haha! Xxx

Sending ((((( vibes ))))) for Honey xx

Hi both, she is much better today thanks, she's been moving around more and even followed us into the kitchen a couple of times.

She is weeing and pooping okay, although her poops are still tiny and very smelly, but I'm guessing the meds might also be adding to this?

Foodwise, she is still eating little and often, but she has eaten a little handful of grass, 4 dandelions, a bit of a naturals stick, about 6 peices of alfalfa hay, and a small handful of dried plantain. Yeaterday she loved her herbs, yet today she hasnt touched them! :( I know its not much, but I'm still thrilled to bits. I'm guessing she'll be like this for another couple of days yet?

One little concern I have, I'm guessing it feels weird where she has been shaved underneath, but she is pulling out clumps of her fur in the edge of where she was shaved.. I am going to mention this tomorrow, but do you think she's okay? I have checked for mites and she looks clear, but would her fur really be aggregating her that much, or maybe could the vets have maybe got some fluid on her? Just I have tried looking and she is not liking it one bit!

Thanks both xxx

Hi both, she is much better today thanks, she's been moving around more and even followed us into the kitchen a couple of times.

She is weeing and pooping okay, although her poops are still tiny and very smelly, but I'm guessing the meds might also be adding to this?

Foodwise, she is still eating little and often, but she has eaten a little handful of grass, 4 dandelions, a bit of a naturals stick, about 6 peices of alfalfa hay, and a small handful of dried plantain. Yeaterday she loved her herbs, yet today she hasnt touched them! :( I know its not much, but I'm still thrilled to bits. I'm guessing she'll be like this for another couple of days yet?

One little concern I have, I'm guessing it feels weird where she has been shaved underneath, but she is pulling out clumps of her fur in the edge of where she was shaved.. I am going to mention this tomorrow, but do you think she's okay? I have checked for mites and she looks clear, but would her fur really be aggregating her that much, or maybe could the vets have maybe got some fluid on her? Just I have tried looking and she is not liking it one bit!

Thanks both xxx

I am glad that she is brighter and eating and pooing, albeit it not 100% back to normal yet.

Re the fur pulling, have you looked at the surgical wound ? Is it clean and dry and not looking very inflamed/lumpy ?

Thanks both xxx

Do you think the the wound might be irritating her a bit? It's not likely to be mites under there around the scar ...

I'm glad she's still nibbling and getting the food in and poo out - good sign as you say :D

Hi both, well she has been a nightmare tonight, took us over 20 mins to get her meds in her, so she stamped her foot and hiding under the bed now! I did manage to look at her wound, and being honest it looks fine! It's not overly red, and can't really see any lumps. Although it was a very quick look.

I will still mention it tomorrow and ask them to check her? It may be irritating her, but she doesn't actually seem to be going for the Actual wound, only the fur on the edge of where she was shaven! Well I didn't think she had mites, but just wanted to check as I googled it and saw that could cause buns to pull out their fur.

Hmmm... Suppose we'll have to wait and see how she goes! But thanks so much for the support and advice xxx

Last edited:
Back