• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Home Required for Two White Lop Rabbits

great stuff tree, there in grand hands!! mites another good reason to quarentine them then!!!

how is she doing with the recovery, i gotta take mine in and i am very nervous, never got a girl done before, and shes my favorite (alpha bun) so to speak, i dont know what i would do if i lost her.

Eve x

The recovery is quite bad for a female, I have had trouble getting her eat managed to tempt her with some parsley, she has had some poos but not nearly enough for my liking, I contacted the vets yesterday and they have told me to stop panicing.

Hi,

Sorry to butt in here at the end of a lovely conversation, but I wanted to add that we have had a few females neutered and what has worked a treat for their recovery is feeding them fresh grass. We just go outside and cut some, put in a bowl and the buns love it! They gobble it up immediately so no need to worry about the grass being left and fermenting. We also grow some grass in pots and trays.

One of our females had already been neutered, but as we got her from a rescue and didn't know that, the vet checked her and couldn't find a scar so opened her up only to find she had no uterus! Poor girl had to go through it twice. But she recovered quickly and we still haven't stopped the fresh grass for her. She adores it.

P.S. I am very happy that the bunnies found a new home. I was going to add earlier that I live in Cambridge and could have taken them temporarily, but they seem to have landed on their feet (paws)!
Cathy

Back