• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Home made run?

Heres our newest run :D This is 8ftx7ft... as you can see the mesh needs trimming and it needs some wooden supports putting where the mesh joins :? The door is made but i need to buy hinges. This cost us around £90 :? This includes corrugated plastic sheets for the top too though, which arent yet on :) xXx

100_1018.jpg

Hi jade,just spoke to Andy ref runs.he says the wood was less than £40.We already had the wire and the chains to hold the runs onto the nest boxes.

Thanks very much Maizey. Ill have a shop about for the cheapest places:D
Thanks again xxx

Heres our newest run :D This is 8ftx7ft... as you can see the mesh needs trimming and it needs some wooden supports putting where the mesh joins :? The door is made but i need to buy hinges. This cost us around £90 :? This includes corrugated plastic sheets for the top too though, which arent yet on :) xXx

100_1018.jpg

WOW:shock:£90 for all that? Thats brilliant! Where did you get your materials from if you dont mind me asking?
That looks brilliant!:evil:Jelous:evil: lol:lol:
xxx

WOW:shock:£90 for all that? Thats brilliant! Where did you get your materials from if you dont mind me asking?
That looks brilliant!:evil:Jelous:evil: lol:lol:
xxx

Mainly from B&Q :) We bought the wood in 8ft lengths, and i think we bought 12 lengths which did all of that :)

And the rest was for the mesh believe it or not :lol: We got this from B&Q too, which was something like £25 a roll, for that run we used 2 whole rolls :) Then the roofing was £5 a sheet, and we had to get 5 sheets, so thats another £25. The rest of the money was for the tacks and things like that. We also had to get special things to fit the roofing on so the rain doesnt leak through :)

It worked out cheaper than buying aviary panels :) xXx

Mainly from B&Q :) We bought the wood in 8ft lengths, and i think we bought 12 lengths which did all of that :)

And the rest was for the mesh believe it or not :lol: We got this from B&Q too, which was something like £25 a roll, for that run we used 2 whole rolls :) Then the roofing was £5 a sheet, and we had to get 5 sheets, so thats another £25. The rest of the money was for the tacks and things like that. We also had to get special things to fit the roofing on so the rain doesnt leak through :)

It worked out cheaper than buying aviary panels :) xXx

That sounds pretty good for materials, Ill have to pop down there!:) See if I can twist my boyfriends arm :lol:
xx

Back