• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Hiro's thread - Total Ear Canal Ablation. UPDATE

Thank you guys.
I called last night and it seemed like he had settled in OK.
We've just a call off Rutland House to let us know that Pet Plan have approved our direct claim request which is a relief. They are ringing back in a little while to let me know how Hiro is getting along.

Good that PetPlan approved :thumb:

That's one weight off your shoulders, at least x

It's a massive weight off our shoulders.

Unfortunately Hiro still isn't passing any faeces and they are still trying to treat him for that before they'll bother with a ct scan :(

It's a massive weight off our shoulders.

Unfortunately Hiro still isn't passing any faeces and they are still trying to treat him for that before they'll bother with a ct scan :(

Oh I am sorry that he hasn't improved yet :cry: I do hope that he will start to respond to treatment soon xx

Sending lots and lots of vibes.

Molly is fantastic. We are based Stoke way and used to see her all the time when she was based at Cheshire Pet in Holmes Chapel. We were distraught when she left, but we are now seeing Sara Jones there who is looking after Sparky following his seizure and she's been great.

Hiro is in good hands and you are doing everything you can xxx

Sending lots and lots of vibes.

Molly is fantastic. We are based Stoke way and used to see her all the time when she was based at Cheshire Pet in Holmes Chapel. We were distraught when she left, but we are now seeing Sara Jones there who is looking after Sparky following his seizure and she's been great.

Hiro is in good hands and you are doing everything you can xxx

Where is Sarah based? We are more than happy to take him to Molly in this case because he is so poorly but it would be nice if we had someone we could trust a little closer to home xx

And thanks everyone for all the good vibes for Hiro. Apparently he has eaten a little bit of Kale tonight. Hopefully his guts start moving soon xxx

Where is Sarah based? We are more than happy to take him to Molly in this case because he is so poorly but it would be nice if we had someone we could trust a little closer to home xx

Completely understand wanting Molly to see him and tone honest I am always ready to travel
where she is now.

Sara Jones is based at Cheshire Pet in Holmes Chapel Cheshire CW4 8AB. Its about 20 minutes outside stoke.

Glad to hear that Hiro has eaten something and here's hoping he continues to do so!!!!

We have just received a call from the vets and she seemed quite positive. He is still being syringe fed but he is also eating hay. The flickering of his eyes has stopped and he is moving around and standing up on his back feet being the curious little guy he usually is.
Unfortunately they have had an emergency in today so it seems unlikely that they'll be able to fit him in for his CT scan :( but on the plus side Molly is back in tomorrow and the whole surgical team will be in too.
Either way it seems like he is in very safe hands and they are happy with his progress so far.

I've just spoken to Molly and the CT scan is definitely going ahead today. She said that he is already a completely different Rabbit to the one that came in, he's eating and pooping quite a lot and his head tilt is a lot better although he has still got a tiny one.
Hopefully if any procedure needs doing she will do it today whilst he is under for his CT.
Lots of good vibes for Hiro today please. I'm so nervous :(

Last edited:
That is really good news from Molly. It must be so reassuring to know that he is with a vet you can trust.

Sending loads of vibes for your lovely boy today. I hope everything goes well for him.

Back