• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi there

Gillandjo

New Kit
Hi forum members. I have been keeping rabbits for a number of years and over that time have bonded several pairs. My rabbits live in the house. They have their own room and then can roam free around the house when we are there.
I have a large female (6 kilos) at the moment and would like to bond her with a new smaller (2 kilo) male. Both have been "done". We have been trying for 8 months now though with no success and I am at the point of giving up.
Neither rabbit seems to understand the rabbit etiquette required to become friends. The male seems ambivalent and the female neurotic. We use a neutral space to try bonding with lots of biting and chasing when we of course quickly intervene. We have tried trips in the car which quieten them while the car is in motion when they scootch up together.
The male currently lives in a hutch in the rabbit room with the female loose in the rest of the room and they seem to be winding each other up sharing the same space.
In order to exercise them both we have to use the other parts of the house which aren't neutral territory.
Any ideas please as to how we can proceed. We are very attached to both rabbits and would love them to be friends. Thanks

Hi :wave: Welcome to the forum.

I'm new to rabbit bonding, so I can't really offer any advice, but that's definitely a long time of trying. Hopefully someone will be along who can help. In the meantime, you could look in the Bonding section and maybe post some questions in there x

Back