• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi I'm new here

WilmaRose

New Kit
Hi
I am now a proud mummy of two frenchies - Wilma and Rose. They are both 14 weeks old and littermates. One is a chinchilla butterfly and the other frosty point. I have had bunnies before but only Mini Lops in male/female bonded pairs, but have always wanted to a pair of frenchies.
I have posted on the Health Forum as my two seem to be fighting and I was wondering if they are too young to be spayed at 14 weeks as the frosty point has a piece of her ear missing now :cry:.

Any advice would be ace!

Thanks
Alison

Hi
I am now a proud mummy of two frenchies - Wilma and Rose. They are both 14 weeks old and littermates. One is a chinchilla butterfly and the other frosty point. I have had bunnies before but only Mini Lops in male/female bonded pairs, but have always wanted to a pair of frenchies.
I have posted on the Health Forum as my two seem to be fighting and I was wondering if they are too young to be spayed at 14 weeks as the frosty point has a piece of her ear missing now :cry:.

Any advice would be ace!

Thanks
Alison

Welcome Alison :wave:

I've answered on your health thread .. I will repost here :D

French Lops would usually be spayed around 6 months. Bigger rabbits mature more slowly, and so rather than the usual 4/5 months, it's often a bit more.

Have you spoken with your vet about spaying? You could ask when you get their vaccinations done

If they are fighting, you will have to separate. What space do they have between them at the moment? Two girls is probably the most fragile of relationships, so best separate and perhaps try rebonding once they have been spayed (and recovered - about 4 weeks).

best of luck xx

Thanks MightyMax for the welcome and the advice :) I haven't spoken to my vet but it's part of my plan today. Currently they are in the house - Wilma in the playpen and Rose under the table. Rose ventured over to Wilma and she tried to snuggle down with her but Wilma started to scratch her. Fortunately, Rose simply hopped away to safety under the table. I'm really sad and wish I had taken on male and female litter mates. I think the only way to solve it is to keep one in the house and the other in the rabbit house. It's sad but I can't deal with any blood shed. :cry:
Thanks for the reply xx

Thanks MightyMax for the welcome and the advice :) I haven't spoken to my vet but it's part of my plan today. Currently they are in the house - Wilma in the playpen and Rose under the table. Rose ventured over to Wilma and she tried to snuggle down with her but Wilma started to scratch her. Fortunately, Rose simply hopped away to safety under the table. I'm really sad and wish I had taken on male and female litter mates. I think the only way to solve it is to keep one in the house and the other in the rabbit house. It's sad but I can't deal with any blood shed. :cry:
Thanks for the reply xx

No, you can't have bloodshed, so you will have to separate at least in the meantime. You can try and bond again when they are older and spayed.

Please keep posting. Lots of knowledge here and you are never alone :)

Back