• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Herbie is getting a lump removed - Update P64 - Another lump!

Hi, very new here. I have a 10 year old bun who developed a large bump on his hip. Should I have it removed? Thought it was an abscess but it it not. Stitched up and sent home with metacam and baytril. He is eating and getting around but not himself.

Did the vet send the lump away to find out what it was? Yes, better to start a separate thread to get more answers x

Hi, very new here. I have a 10 year old bun who developed a large bump on his hip. Should I have it removed? Thought it was an abscess but it it not. Stitched up and sent home with metacam and baytril. He is eating and getting around but not himself.

Yes, did you ever find out what it was exactly?

I thought that I would give a wee Herbie update. He has a lump growing again :( So it looks like his cancer is back. :( Then he also had three other lumps at other parts of his body!

He was at the vets today. The vet was trying to get a sample of the lumps so she could send them to the lab. The one where the cancer was before would not give anything out for a sample. The other three gave some stuff out, which is hopefully a sign that these are not cancer and are something else. He is just a wee old man with all these lumps and bumps :(

I will wait to hear from the lab re the other lumps, but he will probably have to go in for another op to get the main one removed, and possibly the others too.

Anyways, he would like a few vibes if they are going spare.

I thought that I would give a wee Herbie update. He has a lump growing again :( So it looks like his cancer is back. :( Then he also had three other lumps at other parts of his body!

He was at the vets today. The vet was trying to get a sample of the lumps so she could send them to the lab. The one where the cancer was before would not give anything out for a sample. The other three gave some stuff out, which is hopefully a sign that these are not cancer and are something else. He is just a wee old man with all these lumps and bumps :(

I will wait to hear from the lab re the other lumps, but he will probably have to go in for another op to get the main one removed, and possibly the others too.

Anyways, he would like a few vibes if they are going spare.

Oh Kermit, I'm so sorry. This does tend to happen, unfortunately :(

Poor week Herbie. I am thinking of you both, and sending millions of vibes for his op and recovery xx

Oh my heart sank when I saw the updated title :( I am very sorry that he has more lumps. Sending loads and loads of vibes for him. It just doesn't seem fair. Poor lad.

The only good thing is that he is still just his normal self, running about, eating and enjoying a snuggle, so I just have to take that as a good sign and hope that the cancer is only growing on him and not having any internal effects at the moment :)

Oh Kermit, I'm sorry to see this update. :(
All the vibes I can muster for Herbie. I hope everything will be okay. Stupid cancer, why doesn't it just **** off?
Glad to hear that he is soldiering along as usual though. :love:
((((((((Huge hugs))))))))) xxxxxxx

The only good thing is that he is still just his normal self, running about, eating and enjoying a snuggle, so I just have to take that as a good sign and hope that the cancer is only growing on him and not having any internal effects at the moment :)

Yes I hope so too :D

Long live Herbie :thumb:

Back