• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Herbie is getting a lump removed - Update P64 - Another lump!

Oh Kermit, I am so sorry the news wasn't better. :( But it does sound like Herbie is getting on with it and I hope you know I am thinking of you both this evening. (((((((Hugs)))))))
Wishing for lots of happy and comfy time for Herbie and that this won't return too quickly. (((((Vibes)))))) xxxxxxx

Oh no!! Poor Herbie. Lots of nose rubs. I hope it stays away :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She never said anything about grade, but I will ask on Tuesday when he is up to get his stitches out. It was a phone call whilst I was at work and I was trying to take it all in.

She said that they did take the recommended margins when they took it out and she hopes it has been enough, but we just have to wait and see.

MightyMax, did your bunny have any recurring tumours after it had been removed? Yes, it did grow quickly, I noticed a wee small lump and I could feel it growing each time I felt it.

When I 1st took him to the vets with it a different vet to what I generally see said that it was probably nothing and sent me off, I took him back a week later as I felt it was getting bigger. I am raging cos it could have been off a week before. I am also going through scenarios in my mind thinking have I caused this as I was treating his abscess which was about an inch away from where the tumour developed, and I am thinking I may have damaged him when trying to get pus out of the abscess or something :(

I'm so sorry you had the first vet fob you off with a 'nothing to worry about'. I am also certain that you didn't cause this sarcoma by anything you did!

If you want to chat further about it, do PM me ..

I'm so sorry you had the first vet fob you off with a 'nothing to worry about'. I am also certain that you didn't cause this sarcoma by anything you did!

If you want to chat further about it, do PM me ..

Thanks, might do this after I have been up to the vets on Tuesday and had a proper word with them (when the wee man is getting his stitches out). Nice to have people that have been through the same. (Although not nice that your wee one had it in the 1st place - ye know what I mean x)

Kermit, I've been thinking of you and Herbie.

I wonder how he is, and how you are coping?

Thanks for asking :)

I am keeping an eye on the area, checking it every night. There is a wee lump near where the tumour was, on the scar line, but I am still not sure if it is healing scar tissue or the tumour coming back. The lump seems to be very small at the moment so I am hoping that its scar tissue.

His skin is rather inflamed round about where the tumour was. Not sore looking, but red. I am going to get some sudocrem on it to see if that helps any, worth a shot.

So really it is just a wait and see thing with a big dose of hope chucked in. That's nearly 5weeks since he had it removed.

Thanks for asking :)

I am keeping an eye on the area, checking it every night. There is a wee lump near where the tumour was, on the scar line, but I am still not sure if it is healing scar tissue or the tumour coming back. The lump seems to be very small at the moment so I am hoping that its scar tissue.

His skin is rather inflamed round about where the tumour was. Not sore looking, but red. I am going to get some sudocrem on it to see if that helps any, worth a shot.

So really it is just a wait and see thing with a big dose of hope chucked in. That's nearly 5weeks since he had it removed.

Yes hoping and praying for it to heal nicely with no complications :)

Thank you for updating. You've been on my mind.

Vibes for Herbie x

Keeping you and Herbie in my thoughts and prayers, Kermit. I really hope he will be feeling better soon, poor lad. ((((((Healing vibes)))))) I can imagine this is a huge worry on your mind as well. ((((((Hugs))))) xxxxx

Herbie is in my thoughts. Cancer in a rabbit is relatively rare, and I really hope he does very well now he's had it removed :D

He is still really bright in himself, there is a wee lump still there, but not growing much bigger just now. I am just hopeful.
He is still enjoying life :)

bunnymadhouse - I will let him know that his Auntie was asking after him :) He is a tough cookie, been through quite a lot already before I even got him from you, he doesn't need this in his old age.

Thanks for the vibes guys :) Means a lot xx

He is still really bright in himself, there is a wee lump still there, but not growing much bigger just now. I am just hopeful.
He is still enjoying life :)

bunnymadhouse - I will let him know that his Auntie was asking after him :) He is a tough cookie, been through quite a lot already before I even got him from you, he doesn't need this in his old age.

Thanks for the vibes guys :) Means a lot xx

Aaawww ... always vibes from over here :wave:

Hi, very new here. I have a 10 year old bun who developed a large bump on his hip. Should I have it removed? Thought it was an abscess but it it not. Stitched up and sent home with metacam and baytril. He is eating and getting around but not himself.

a56hoz

This is the size of the lump. Bug is about 4 pounds.

Hi, very new here. I have a 10 year old bun who developed a large bump on his hip. Should I have it removed? Thought it was an abscess but it it not. Stitched up and sent home with metacam and baytril. He is eating and getting around but not himself.

I would start a new thread over in the 'Health' section so as your question can be addressed individually :)

The picture you posted does not appear to be showing up at the moment

Back