• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Henry at vets again - Henry has sadly gone- U/D 6am thread page 20

I was utterly shattered to read your latest update, so you and your wife must be in unimaginable pain.
Henry wanted to be with the ones he loved when he said goodbye.

(((((hugs)))))

Last edited:
My Ru friends,
I have spent all night on the sofa with Henry snuggled into me. He hasn’t chosen to move. We have shared conversations and memories together. I have kept him warm and safe and close and tried my very best to show how much we love him.
It is 6am and Henry has slipped away from us.
I am heartbroken and uncontrollably sobbing. Henry cherished life - however short that has been for him. He has been a wonderful husbun for Lillian.
He is at peace now. He is calm and hopefully doing loads of Henry zoomies at the bridge.
He takes a huge piece of my heart with him and I hope that you would remember Henry in your hearts.
I am sorry I could not make him better.
I will need to go now- I am unable to type anymore or see through my tears.

I am so very sorry Craig :cry: It may be of little comfort to you now, but for Henry to pass away in the safety and love of his own home is a truly peaceful passing. My sincere condolences to both you, your wife and Lillian

RIP Henry :cry:

I'm so very sorry, Craig. My heart is broken for you and Lillian. :cry:

There are no words. What a blessing though that Henry could be in the arms of someone so deeply devoted to him and who loved him as much as you did. It's not that you couldn't make him better...you tried, you truly did...sometimes it is only that the brightest stars in our lives burn too fast. :cry:

My thoughts are with you at this terribly sad time. I will light a candle for Henry tonight. Bless his wee bunny soul.

Sleep well and sweet dreams, Henry. You will be so very deeply missed. :( xxxx

Oh no :cry: I’m so very very sorry :cry: you did everything you could for him.

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Binky free Henry xx

I am very sorry, my thoughts are with you and your family.
Binky free from pain Henry.

Richard

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Just so very sorry Craig, Henry passed knowing how very much he was loved x my thoughts are with you, your wife and Lillian xx so sorry

I am so very sad and sorry to read your update this morning :cry: I can remember when I first heard about Henry at the rescue and I have been keen to hear about him since. Sleep very tight dear little man :love:

I hope that Lillian is doing OK.

Oh Craig, I am devastated for you. I'm so so sorry. Will be thinking of you a lot. Everyone at RU is here to support you through this awful time. You did absolutely everything you could for Henry and I think it's lovely that he got to spend the last moments with the ones he loved x

I am so sorry to read your devastating update. Henry was clearly a much loved bunny and to hop gently to the Bridge whilst safe at home, surrounded by love and held by 'his' human sounds like the most peaceful passing we could give a cherished friend.

Binky free Henry - a Very Special RU Bun who will never be forgotten xxxx

Oh Craig I'm so sorry. The first thing I did this morning was to check this thread. I was so hoping I was going to read that Henry was proving the vet wrong. My heart sank when I saw the updated title [emoji17]

I hope you can get some comfort from the fact that you gave Henry such a wonderful life. A lovely home and garden he could run around in to his heart's content and a beautiful wifebun in Lillian to snuggle up with. I'm also so glad you decided to bring him home last night so he could pass away peacefully surrounded by those who loved him.

I'm sending you lots of hugs and nose rubs for Lillian.

Sleep tight little Henry xxx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Back