• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help

Sadly I think it was the black otter lop that died :cry:

:(:( I was just going to say how much he/she looks like my Alfie too. :(

I'm so sorry you lost a bunny to flystrike; even the thought of it terrifies me and it must have been so distressing to see. I'm sorry you've had some negative responses on here, please don't let that drive you away.

The OP has contac ted the rescue and they don't have any space and have said that they are happy for him to rehome as they trust his judgement and know he will only let them go to a good home.

As for reducing the flystrike ,risk they have taken all the advice they were given and have protected these 2 as best they can.

Jane please believe me when I say this is one of the hardest decision that they are having to make.. their daughter is still devestated at the loss of her loved bunny 3 months on :( and like any parent seeing their child crying on an almost daily basis is heartbreaking.

Last edited:
so sorry you lost your little bunny, it must of been terrible for you and your daughter to see such a terriblr thing.

good luck on rehoming your bunnies

Hope you find homes for your bunnies. It must be very distressing for your daughter:(
Dont let comments on here upset you, you are doing what you think is best for your child, and in my opinion no matter how much you love your pets your child comes first
This must be a horrible situation for you to be in:(

Thanks guys and thanks to a member of these forums, in fact thanks to two members. The rabbits now have a new home.

I only wanted whats best for my daughter and for the rabbits

They were looked after and the hutch is massive as i took my responsibilities seriously when it came to the rabbits welfare. I should not have to justify my self , but feel i need too.

Once again, thanks to those that supported me in this

It was a pleasure to help out Joe ;) Shame we couldn't get the run in the car but the hutch and the buns were safely delivered to their new home :)

awwww thats brilliant news :love::love:

i hope one day your daughter will be able to have the pleasure of bunny love one day in the future without being haunted by bad memories xxxxx

Thanks guys and thanks to a member of these forums, in fact thanks to two members. The rabbits now have a new home.

They were looked after and the hutch is massive as i took my responsibilities seriously when it came to the rabbits welfare. I should not have to justify my self , but feel i need too.

Im dead pleased chick! :love:

That's very good news :D The hutch looks great by the way ..

So pleased these bunnies now have a new home and will be settled for Christmas.

I have never had a rabbit with flystrike but one of my piggys with health problems got it and I must admit it was awful. It is one of the only things that made me feel really sick :( I'm so sorry that you had to see it on your bunny.

I think if people decide they want to or need to give up their bunnies whatever the reason, coming to a forum to find them a good home with knowledgable people is a very responsible thing to do. I don't see how we can criticise people who want to find a good home for their bunnies when so many are just abandoned or when many people expect over stretched rescues to be able to sort out their problem.

I have just read this and cant believe it. What about if someone was reading this and really needed some advice but was too scared to post now because of the reaction to this thread!
Glad there was a happy ending after all this :D

I have just read this and cant believe it. What about if someone was reading this and really needed some advice but was too scared to post now because of the reaction to this thread!
Glad there was a happy ending after all this :D

Unfortunately this happens sometimes on here:roll: as people just go in with both feet and end up upsetting people. In this instant I think the comments were very unfair and the OP as done what they think is right and if people weren't so quick to jump to the OP's defence (which was definately needed) then RU would have lost another member through nastiness. I run a rescue and I actually feel sorry for the OP looking for a new home for them, if one thing as come out of this then it is that the buns have found a loving, caring forever home which is from an enviroment that the buns have been use to:D

Back