• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with finding a quality hutch

ripply

Young Bun
Gizmo needs a new hutch and I've been looking around locally, but everything I find in pet shops is rubbish. Most just look flimsy. Other are a bit more solid but the back panel is made of plywood which I don't want. I'm in Northern Ireland and I'm struggling to find a well built, solid hutch. There's some lovely ones online but the delivery was around £80-£90!!

It doesn't even need to be a big hutch as he has a huge fenced in run with various other houses in different places, along with a 4ft hutch. He only uses the hutch in very bad weather, and even then not for long. He has his hay and feed in there, but spends most of his time grazing outside. I've thought about just buying a small wooden dog kennel-type box, but the hutch is nice as I can still see him when he's inside.

Could anyone help? I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions.

I'm not sure if the usual recommended places deliver to Northern Ireland, you could try a local joiner to see if they could make one for you. A lot of people use sheds or playhouses instead of hutches as they are bigger and you can sit in there with them.

Back