• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP - Urgent UD We have nomnoms & special poos :D

re syringe feeds you can also try:

mashing something yummy like mashed/liquidised banana in with the CC (or a spoon of baby food)

making it really runny on account of the fact that she also need liquids so its like giving liquids and food at once!!!

*shudders*
So much mess!!! Charcoal went EVERYwhere.......and is it just me failing miserably or does CC bung up the tuby bit of a 10mil syringe? I cant make it any runnier...but it keeps blocking up :?
I don;t know how you guys with sick bunnies do this syringing malarky....I'm RUBBISH at it :oops:

I couldn't get charcoal into Oliver on Monday! Good luck with a bunny!...FAR worse! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I sit on them....well...almost. Hold her head down and then do it slow and steady into the side of the mouth. I'm sure another pair of hands would help.

I couldn't get charcoal into Oliver on Monday! Good luck with a bunny!...FAR worse! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I sit on them....well...almost. Hold her head down and then do it slow and steady into the side of the mouth. I'm sure another pair of hands would help.

I'd squash her if I tried sitting on her....I also cant get down on the floor properly cause of Bump...So I have to get her on top of the hutch.

I'd squash her if I tried sitting on her....I also cant get down on the floor properly cause of Bump...So I have to get her on top of the hutch.

knowing how hard it was just to cut buns claws with a bump i can imagine a larger bun, who no doubt gets grumpy being force fed, wont be easy, bet your lil bean is too pleased either, mine wasnt she hates me putting any pressure on th bump

so you be careful too hun

can J help or he at work ??

you tried wrapping her in a towel or is that too stressy for her ?

knowing how hard it was just to cut buns claws with a bump i can imagine a larger bun, who no doubt gets grumpy being force fed, wont be easy, bet your lil bean is too pleased either, mine wasnt she hates me putting any pressure on th bump

so you be careful too hun

can J help or he at work ??

you tried wrapping her in a towel or is that too stressy for her ?

J is at work atm.....but he'll be home soon. He gets more worried about hurting her than I do bless him :love:
I seem to have got a method where I wrap her up in a bath sheet and then kind of pin her on top of the hutch in the utility room. Then I can be on my knees to get it in her.
Bump isn't very happy at all....Its all scratched from this morning then she scrabbled up me to get out of the bath :roll: goodness know what the midwife is going to say about that :lol:
I ended up in floods of tears in the car cause the bloody thing wouldn't start when I was trying to get her to the vets....I'd activated the steering lock :oops:

I ended up in floods of tears in the car cause the bloody thing wouldn't start when I was trying to get her to the vets....I'd activated the steering lock :oops:

:lol: awwwww hunnie, ( hugs) you can blame that on anything considering your morning.

you wait till you get to the last days, cleaning buns out isnt easy, when you got a kickboxer in your belly

I suspect much of her 'not eating' will be due to stress. Dining on washing powder tabs, being soaked in a bath and then taken to the pesky Vet is certainly not high on a Bun's list of things to do to have a nice day !!

I am sure that if you can leave her be for a few hours once she has had some charcoal (lovely :mrgreen:) she will relax and start to eat for herself.

Dont freak out if her poos are jet black, that'll be the charcoal

I suspect much of her 'not eating' will be due to stress. Dining on washing powder tabs, being soaked in a bath and then taken to the pesky Vet is certainly not high on a Bun's list of things to do to have a nice day !!

I am sure that if you can leave her be for a few hours once she has had some charcoal (lovely :mrgreen:) she will relax and start to eat for herself.

Dont freak out if her poos are jet black, that'll be the charcoal

It isnt at all. J just got home and she let him hold her while she had another feed. Might leave her a couple of hours and see how she is....I got a kiss earlier and some purring while she had nose rubs so hopefully thats a good sign *crosses everything*

It isnt at all. J just got home and she let him hold her while she had another feed. Might leave her a couple of hours and see how she is....I got a kiss earlier and some purring while she had nose rubs so hopefully thats a good sign *crosses everything*

Awww :love:

I've left her a couple of hours, and she has had a little nibble of hay which is a step in the right direction.
She's also passed a 'special' poo which she hasn't eaten. She is still grooming herself a lot and looking fairly sorry for herself.
Do you think I should give her another feed, it's been about 2 1/2 hours since the last one....or should I leave it till later?
I had a little nap on the floor....but J said she had a bit of a run around.

I've left her a couple of hours, and she has had a little nibble of hay which is a step in the right direction.
She's also passed a 'special' poo which she hasn't eaten. She is still grooming herself a lot and looking fairly sorry for herself.
Do you think I should give her another feed, it's been about 2 1/2 hours since the last one....or should I leave it till later?
I had a little nap on the floor....but J said she had a bit of a run around.

I'd leave her be for a couple more hours. Try to watch her without her knowing if possible. In order to do this I have been known to set up strategically placed mirrors !!

I feel sure that de-stressing will be more help than syringe feeds atm.

I'd leave her be for a couple more hours. Try to watch her without her knowing if possible. In order to do this I have been known to set up strategically placed mirrors !!

I feel sure that de-stressing will be more help than syringe feeds atm.

Okies....I can *just* see her poo box from the sofa (she still in the living room) and her hidey spot behind the bikes is litterally right in front of the sofa too.
I need to go cook dinner (not that I want any) so J will watch her while he's playing on the playstation.
She went to him for a fuss a little while ago.....looked like she was doing a 'look what that meanie mummy has been doing to me all day *sob*'
Hussy :love:

We have nomnoms and 'special' poos :love:
She's had a couple of handfulls of pellets and some greens.....so hopefully we're in the clear.
Under her chin looks a little sore but I think thats cause it hasn't dried and we made a bit of a mess with the CC and charcoal :oops:
I'm still worried to go to bed though :?

oh hun what an ordeal!!!

i will say i always use a 60ml syringe....catheter tip..its amazing..never blocks!!!

baby food..fruity one mixed with some cc is tasty for them too..and a few fresh dandelions go down well.

merling ate through his iv drip and plaster:oops: berties gets fluid under his skin.

our vet said sometimes you have to leave them be as much as poss as stress prevents them from improving.

hope the little devil is ok xx

if its any consolation..my old frenchie doe was like that....always eating things.

bertie my frenchie boys been norty doing this too!
yesterday i found hed eaten some gingernut biscuits from my spot i keep them for nausea attacks. then today hed got into my special box and eaten fruit sherbets some wrapper too.:shock:

he had zantac to neutralise the sherbet:oops: and infacol for the gas....metaclopramide syrup and some metacam and i let him do his own thing but just kept checking on his hay consumption and poo production!

he was eating a bit here and there but had pooped some big poops. so before i went to bed he had more metaclop.....and he was filing his face with pellets and hay as i turned the light out after a lovley cuddle with him.

hmm wot will he have got to tomorrow!!

some buns seem to be part mountain goat the places they get to!!

ha having a norty bun is very much like a toddler!!!! youll do fine xx

How is Marnie this morning ?

Morning :wave:
J and I have the day off, so we had a bit of a lie in....but usually I get up at 6 to give the buns their breakfast. I was too scared this morning so I made J do it....and she scoffed all her pellets :D
They've also had some broccolies.
She's definately still cross with me though, I think it will take a couple of days of extra fussing before she forgives me :oops:
Thank you all so much for your vibes and advice....I don't know how you guys with poorly buns do it......I was an exhausted wreck by the time I went to bed :oops:

Morning :wave:
J and I have the day off, so we had a bit of a lie in....but usually I get up at 6 to give the buns their breakfast. I was too scared this morning so I made J do it....and she scoffed all her pellets :D
They've also had some broccolies.
She's definately still cross with me though, I think it will take a couple of days of extra fussing before she forgives me :oops:
Thank you all so much for your vibes and advice....I don't know how you guys with poorly buns do it......I was an exhausted wreck by the time I went to bed :oops:

..........next time lets hope Marnie-munch-machine choses something less troublesome to sneak a snack on :roll:

So pleased that she seems none the worse wear !!

Back