• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP - Urgent UD We have nomnoms & special poos :D

How worrying, really hope Marnie is ok. *Hopefully* the washing powder tasted so horrible she had no more than a lick. I mean there can't be many worse tastes than soap, yuk! Fingers crossed xx

How worrying, really hope Marnie is ok. *Hopefully* the washing powder tasted so horrible she had no more than a lick. I mean there can't be many worse tastes than soap, yuk! Fingers crossed xx

It was more that she was trying to clean it off herself.

Have just done the second feed, which I think went much better than the first. I think I got about 6-7 mls into her.....had to make it really runny though to get it through the syringe so had to get more in.
I really don't know how to make it easier to get into her. Makeing it runnier means I have to get more in....but that makes her more upset.
Do you think I should be encouraging her to run around at all or just leave her to it?

first things first she will be senseing your stress, I know its hard but you need to try and be calm. She will be more just as unsettled if you are stressed too.

Id mix up some CC on a saucer and leave it next to her, are there any herbs she likes ???

any bramble bushes near you ??? there leaves are good

have you seen her do any poos ??

It was more that she was trying to clean it off herself.

Have just done the second feed, which I think went much better than the first. I think I got about 6-7 mls into her.....had to make it really runny though to get it through the syringe so had to get more in.
I really don't know how to make it easier to get into her. Makeing it runnier means I have to get more in....but that makes her more upset.
Do you think I should be encouraging her to run around at all or just leave her to it?

Personally I'd want her on fluid therapy (IV/SQ) and also liquid charcoal to try to mop up the toxins. I'd also want her on Metoclop and Ranitidine (by injection) to keep her guts going.

Sending lots of vibes xx

first things first she will be senseing your stress, I know its hard but you need to try and be calm. She will be more just as unsettled if you are stressed too.

Id mix up some CC on a saucer and leave it next to her, are there any herbs she likes ???

any bramble bushes near you ??? there leaves are good

have you seen her do any poos ??

If I leave the cc next to her then the fat Blue will steal it :roll:
She won't touch any food at all....not even Banana or grapes (which are her faqvourite)
I'm pretty good at calm.....I panic and cry when it's all over :oops: I just can't beleive I;ve done this to her. How on earch am I going to cope with a baby FFS?? :cry:

Personally I'd want her on fluid therapy (IV/SQ) and also liquid charcoal to try to mop up the toxins. I'd also want her on Metoclop and Ranitidine (by injection) to keep her guts going.

Sending lots of vibes xx

i wasnt sure on the charcoal used to do it for the guniea pigs
good to know it can be used for buns
top advise here :)

Sending lots of vibes xx

Okies....I'll give the vet a ring and see what I can do. They said to bring her in if she wasn;t eating by the afternoon, so I'll ring and get her in ASAP.
Thank you....I just feel so helpless :cry:

Right.....just back from the vet (she squeezed me in before surgeries :love: ) Marnie has had a metclop jab and has some charcoal for me to try and syringe into her.
Vet didn't think it was worth giving IV cause Marnie is too active and would most likely hurt herself or get really upset by it.
She said that if she still isn;t eating/drinking by tomorrow then she'll take her in for fluids.
What I didnt realise until I got there was that I had critical care ALL over my top and in my hair. Marnie is covered in the damn stuff too :roll:
So wish me luck getting the charcoal into her :oops:

Vibes for a speedy recovery xxx

(I've found a very large apron that I wear for syringe feeds now after going to the vets covered in syringe feed :lol:)

*shudders*
So much mess!!! Charcoal went EVERYwhere.......and is it just me failing miserably or does CC bung up the tuby bit of a 10mil syringe? I cant make it any runnier...but it keeps blocking up :?
I don;t know how you guys with sick bunnies do this syringing malarky....I'm RUBBISH at it :oops:

*shudders*
So much mess!!! Charcoal went EVERYwhere.......and is it just me failing miserably or does CC bung up the tuby bit of a 10mil syringe? I cant make it any runnier...but it keeps blocking up :?
I don;t know how you guys with sick bunnies do this syringing malarky....I'm RUBBISH at it :oops:

I had the same problem, til someone on here recommended cutting the nozzle of the syringe shorter 0 it will be wider to get the feed through, and less of it to block up too.:)

With the CC try putting it in a cup rather than a dish/bowl. Then put the syringe in dead vertical, not at an angle. Touch the bottom of the cup with the tip of the syringe then fast-pull-jerk the plunger up to draw up the CC.

Use a pin/needle to unblock any bits of CC from the tip of the syringe before drawing up more. Also, using the prong of a fork you can make the syringe tip a bit wider.

With the CC try putting it in a cup rather than a dish/bowl. Then put the syringe in dead vertical, not at an angle. Touch the bottom of the cup with the tip of the syringe then fast-pull-jerk the plunger up to draw up the CC.

Use a pin/needle to unblock any bits of CC from the tip of the syringe before drawing up more. Also, using the prong of a fork you can make the syringe tip a bit wider.

I :love: you!!!
And my vet thinks you should teach :lol:

Back