• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help rabbits fighting

That really sounds like Buster is trying to assert himself.

So long as they have hay and some water, I would probably leave them in the carrier for a while. If they still won't settle, then maybe you can put one in the crate but in the same room as the other overnight just so they can't get to each other and see how they are in the morning.

what should i do for water though? i dont have two bottles as the other is at my mums, should i put out a dish if i have to seperate them one in the dog crate? also do you think i should take them to my mums for a couple of weeks to let things settle down they have a hutch run/combo there.

Most rabbits will drink very happily from a bowl/dish (I don't use bottles myself) so if you do that, the bunny will be fine for water.

You could always take them to your mums, but would she know how to handle them if they kick off again?

Also, whilst you would be removing them from Hector, and yes, his hormones will calm down as time goes on, they will still come back to their own hutch and if they are fighting in their own hutch then it may be better not to remove them totally from home. I would just try and split them tonight but keep them where they can see and smell each other and see how you go tomorrow.

I am around tomorrow evening later on if you still need help (and have a spare hutch here that they could go in if you want to try and move them for a day or so).

See how you go tonight.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Most rabbits will drink very happily from a bowl/dish (I don't use bottles myself) so if you do that, the bunny will be fine for water.

You could always take them to your mums, but would she know how to handle them if they kick off again?

Also, whilst you would be removing them from Hector, and yes, his hormones will calm down as time goes on, they will still come back to their own hutch and if they are fighting in their own hutch then it may be better not to remove them totally from home. I would just try and split them tonight but keep them where they can see and smell each other and see how you go tomorrow.

I am around tomorrow evening later on if you still need help (and have a spare hutch here that they could go in if you want to try and move them for a day or so).

See how you go tonight.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

hi helen

thats good about the drinking then. i will keep them in the spare room tonight and have one in the crate and the other will have the run of the room.

I do have a spare hutch in the garage but thanks for the offer. I will try this for a couple of days and see how we get on. Oh how i wish i could turn back time. I made the biggest mistake ever and wish i knew.

thanks for all your help on this helen. x

hi helen

thats good about the drinking then. i will keep them in the spare room tonight and have one in the crate and the other will have the run of the room.

I do have a spare hutch in the garage but thanks for the offer. I will try this for a couple of days and see how we get on. Oh how i wish i could turn back time. I made the biggest mistake ever and wish i knew.

thanks for all your help on this helen. x

Don't beat yourself up about it Rachel. You could have done this and nothing would have happened. You weren't to know what would happen.

Like I said earlier on the phone, all of my pairs except one, don't bother at all about other bunnies. One pair out of 6 have referred aggression. You couldn't have known.

Anyway, it's all about learning as you go with bunnies.

Have a good nights sleep, try not to worry, Bella and Buster will pick up on your nervousness so try and keep calm.

Helen x

Don't beat yourself up about it Rachel. You could have done this and nothing would have happened. You weren't to know what would happen.

Like I said earlier on the phone, all of my pairs except one, don't bother at all about other bunnies. One pair out of 6 have referred aggression. You couldn't have known.

Anyway, it's all about learning as you go with bunnies.

Have a good nights sleep, try not to worry, Bella and Buster will pick up on your nervousness so try and keep calm.

Helen x

thanks helen, you are a star! im going to make sandwiches for work tomorrow and go to bed so i am going to sign off now. Hopefully all will settle down tonight. i will keep you updated tomorrow. xx

Morning everyone
Well i kept one in the crate and the other outside of it but in the same room. Buster tries to nip at her bum through the bars. But Bella is now going for me lunging ang growling. I dont think they will ever forgive me or become companions again......:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

You might be able to get them back together Do you have anyone that could take them for re bonding? they need to be in quite a small area,Dandy and Truffles had a fight about two weeks ago and Truffles bit Dandys mouth quite badly they went back to the rescue for re bonding and have been fine since

You might be able to get them back together Do you have anyone that could take them for re bonding? they need to be in quite a small area,Dandy and Truffles had a fight about two weeks ago and Truffles bit Dandys mouth quite badly they went back to the rescue for re bonding and have been fine since

Hi
I was thinking that if things dont improve. I was going to give it a couple of days. There are no rescues near me. I could take them to where i got them form in Surrey and see if Christine could rebond for me. Luckily there hasnt been any injurys just fur pulling. But she is going for me now lunging ang growling. :?

i went to the vets tonight with the cat, spoke to him about bella and buster, he said it maybe a couple of months before they will settle and rebond again, is this right??:?

i went to the vets tonight with the cat, spoke to him about bella and buster, he said it maybe a couple of months before they will settle and rebond again, is this right??:?

Just depends when my vet saw what Truffle did to Dandy he said do not put them back together but i have!

She lunged grunted and bit me again this morning. She is never going to trust me again and i was just getting there with her. :(:(:(

Back