• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help pick a run for this playhouse..

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
Ok so i finally completed Bunsville Cottage(or the lions den).
I hope to bond the 4 outdoor buns into a quad.

I have no idea what run to get for it.
The Run can be no bigger than 6 x 5ft.
not to fussy on cost but must be well made, although i havent seen a fox i suspect that their is one snooping around.

here is the Playhouse which is 4x4 and after the bonding i shall be putting shelving etc in it to maximise space etc..
527900_279632725477657_540653398_n.jpg

I had been looking at this run:-
But i worry that it may fold up if a fox trys to push it about.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/70-FULLY-FOLDING-RABBIT-POULTRY-RUN-RUNS-HUTCH-HUTCHES-180-x-120-x-60-cm-FOLD-/280912742269?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry&hash=item4167b4477d#ht_2043wt_952

Or
A metal one :- but i think i was told these are easier for foxes to get into?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/71-RABBIT-GUINEA-PLAYPEN-WITH-METAL-ROOF-ENCLOSURE-RUN-ALSO-SUIT-DUCK-CHICKENS-/260998078513?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry&hash=item3cc4b2a031#ht_1319wt_952

This non foldy one :-
But the one i have currently is like this but its a pain to get into the panels slip off easy and make for an easy escape for a Naughty Zuma.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6FT-NON-FOLDING-RABBIT-POULTRY-RUN-RUNS-HUTCH-HUTCHES-180-x-90-x-48-cm-NON-/251098818754?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item3a76a7e8c2#ht_2043wt_952

I plan to shut them in at nights to be on the safe side, but you just cant be too cautious can you?

Thanks in advance for the help :)

I had run panels made for my run which attaches to a playhouse as I needed the run to be a specific size. I had it 3ft high with a hinged door so that I could easily get inside to clean it. I got my panels from Morley Aviaries, they do standard size panels but will also quote for made-to-measure panels. They have different sizes and thickness of weldmesh to choose from, I had 3/4" 16g so that it's strong and foxproof.

I can't remember how much my panels cost as it was a good few years ago.

Making your own run is actually much easier than it looks - we're making a guinea pig run at the moment and it's been very simple :D

I've got the first one but with the sheltered bit on one end and it's great :) really sturdy etc, when we first put it up I was a bit annoyed because it felt horrible... And new :lol: but now it's been in all weathers it's held up fine :wave: I think wendle has that one attached to her dog kennel :D

Making your own run is actually much easier than it looks - we're making a guinea pig run at the moment and it's been very simple :D

:lol: i made the last one and it was a nightmare to get apart and was generally to heavy.
I want something i can easily unscrew and move when i hopefully get my own place.
:lol:

I've got the first one but with the sheltered bit on one end and it's great :) really sturdy etc, when we first put it up I was a bit annoyed because it felt horrible... And new :lol: but now it's been in all weathers it's held up fine :wave: I think wendle has that one attached to her dog kennel :D

does it stiffen up a bit?

does it stiffen up a bit?

Not at all, I've had mine a while now and it's still fine. It's not in use at the moment because I have the metal one up but only because it was easier for this kind of weather. In the summer we are cutting a hole in it to attach a tube so they can have access to that too :) its easy to put up and not very heavy :)

:lol: i made the last one and it was a nightmare to get apart and was generally to heavy.
I want something i can easily unscrew and move when i hopefully get my own place.

We've made it in panels so it is easy to take apart rather than in one piece :) It's 5ft by 3ft so 4 5ft by 3ft panels, and the top is a 5ft by 5ft panel split into a 5 x 3 and 5 x 2 hinged :thumb:

I would take a pic but it's not finished :lol:

We've made it in panels so it is easy to take apart rather than in one piece :) It's 5ft by 3ft so 4 5ft by 3ft panels, and the top is a 5ft by 5ft panel split into a 5 x 3 and 5 x 2 hinged :thumb:

I would take a pic but it's not finished :lol:

sounds good!
My OH's father always interferes with any DIY i do making it go wrong some way or another:lol::oops:

Back