• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

suggestions for walk in run

Nicolaj36

Warren Scout
Hi,

Can anyone suggest where I can buy a walk in run with roof and floor that is also foxproof please? I have around £300 to spend. I've searched the Internet for days but can't find what I'm looking for.

There are some preloved metal dog kennel panels on ebay. Anything that will keep dogs in will also keep foxes out, as long as it has a decent roof and solid or mesh floor. You could put smaller grid weldmesh panels on the inside along the bottom meter to make it safer for the rabbits (fasten with metal cable ties) so they don't get stuck in the bigger mesh or bars. Put the whole thing on some cheap / used concrete slabs (eg Freecycle or local FB groups). The roof can be weldmesh or corrugated or twinwall plastic panels. You may be able to find a second hand wendy house or similar to put inside it as their base.

There are some preloved metal dog kennel panels on ebay. Anything that will keep dogs in will also keep foxes out, as long as it has a decent roof and solid or mesh floor. You could put smaller grid weldmesh panels on the inside along the bottom meter to make it safer for the rabbits (fasten with metal cable ties) so they don't get stuck in the bigger mesh or bars. Put the whole thing on some cheap / used concrete slabs (eg Freecycle or local FB groups). The roof can be weldmesh or corrugated or twinwall plastic panels. You may be able to find a second hand wendy house or similar to put inside it as their base.

Thank you for these ideas :)

Whereabouts are you? Contact local woodworkers and handy men and ask if they can make you something. You’ll need to specify 16gauge weldmesh which is the expensive part but it’s likely going to be cheaper than buying from a specific small animal housing co.

Back