• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help needed! Rescues/fosterers. Pics page 3.

I have lots and lots of plants in my garden. :thumb: I have some rose bushes with leaves on so I will try those. Just being very careful about what I try incase I upset their tummies further. It's quite nice outside and I'd love for them to be able to stretch their legs but I think I will wait a little longer for them to settle in before letting them in the run..obviously at different times. Might find a way to split the run so that they can both be out, make life a bit easier for me. I have a paved area that they can have a run around on just to stretch their legs and get some air. Maybe tomorrow if the weather is nice. :)
I am going to go and check on them now and see if the grass has been touched. Shall I try some dandelion leaves? Fiver and Xena get a salad of grass, dandelion leaves, hawthorn leaves, parsley, bramble leaves, dead nettles and rose leaves every few days, am I ok to try Speewell and Jinty on those too? (in small amounts of course)

I got a very strange message from their previous owner.. I will paste it below:

"Oooh completely forgot to tell you, jasper cannot have carrot or anything to do with carrot, like noc carrot flavour anything but most importantly, no actual carrot, i kinda feel like he needs a collar with one of those medical paper things on lol,

He gets very poorly and has to have 24/7 care/watch literally. I made the mistake twice and i swear it was like being a first time mum, no sleep lol had to hand feed him and give him his bottle and keep him up right, if he wasnt upright he stopped breathin"

:? I am completely baffled about this and slightly annoyed that she never took him to the vet. But surely if he had stopped breathing he would be dead?

Ok I went to clean them out and Speedwell was begging to come out so I put him in the run, he absolutely loved it. I put Jinty in afterwards and she seemed to really come out of her shell. :) I will post pics in the Stories section.

x

I once had a foster who didn't seem to have ever had hay. I bought some camomile herbage (P@H stock it) and she loved it. It's expensive though so once she was used to it I slowly started mixing it with regular hay until she ended up just eating that.

I actually got him to eat a full dandelion leaf and about 8 rose leaves! I left a bit of grass in his bowl and he looks very interested! :thumb:

Watching him, he seems to want to eat the hay and greens but was very reluctant as if he knew it'd hurt or be difficult. He took a bite and didn't seem to like using his front teeth, he seemed awkward chewing too. :( My vets don't do conscious dentals at all do even clipping his teeth will be a full GA and I don't think he is healthy enough for that yet with him being underweight. I would be willing to pay if it was no more than £50 but that's unlikely :( I need to win the lottery!

Back