• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HElp! Looking for Mini Rex

I wasnt really worried about the difference between them (only a bit) but mostly about the space. Fanta lives in a Nero 3. She runs free on the garden and kitchen one hour in the morning + five or six more hours in the afternoon evening.

Have you thought about a dog crate?

I live in a small flat with an open plan kitchen and the cage is there. I dont think to place there the dog crate would be a good idea. We have quite a nice garden and we were thinking about to get a hutch and make them live there but winter time is coming and think about poor Fanta in the cold...
And we are worried about to loose contact with them because of the cold. Now, as soon as we get home we open the cage and she runs free in the garden if is not to cold and we can keep the door open or in the kitchen. She is with us underneath the computer chair, on the sofa when we watch telly etc....

You're right, it's too late in the year for her to go out now, but if you were to put her outside next summer then she'd develop her true winter coat.

I'm not too sure where you live, but I live right on the coast - used to live on a big hill and it wasn't cold when I went to see my buns in the winter, I just put an old jacket on :wave:

I live in lOndon. I can obviously go out to see them . But at the moment I spend almost six hours with her every day and I dont think it would be the same if she / they were living outside.:roll:

I live in lOndon. I can obviously go out to see them . But at the moment I spend almost six hours with her every day and I dont think it would be the same if she / they were living outside.:roll:

But if she had a husbun then she'd have constant company whenever she wanted it :roll:

then do you think they are gonna be happier outside?? I can not see really the benefits. Indoors Fanta could have her boyfriend company + ours!!!!:D

then do you think they are gonna be happier outside?? I can not see really the benefits. Indoors Fanta could have her boyfriend company + ours!!!!:D

It's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other really, I have mine inside cos there's no way they'd survive in my garden; but I do think they'd be happier at least being able to be outside.

Thanks for your advice. Anyway I should find HIM and then think about where to put them"""!!! I am going to sleep.
Have a good night and sleep well :wave:

I got my mini rexes as babies from Greenwich Rabbit Rescue. I was very lucky to get them as it's very rare to get mini rexes let alone baby ones. Good luck!!! I love my babies sooooooooooooooo much, and I wouldn't choose them over any other one. Mini rexes are great, very friendly, and GORGEOUS coat.

There is one rex in greenwich rabbit rescue. Keep looking back at rescue websites, and once you see one you like, grab him up straight away.

We have a 14 week old neutered mini lop boy. You can see him on our website under 3 male babies he's the one on the left, though the picture isn't at all clear. We could also assist you with the bonding.

Back