• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help. Binx caught by big dog :(

The vet did say I could call anytime so I might call when I put kids to bed. :(

I don't know what your vet set up is like, but could you take Belle in and have them with some mesh/a puppy panel between them in a unit? It would be ideal if they could be close to one another (sight, smell, warmth etc) but not be directly together, so Belle doesn't inadvertently injure Binx.

Thank you all so much. I would feel so alone if it wasn't for your support. It feels so bleak and hopeless :(

I don't know what your vet set up is like, but could you take Belle in and have them with some mesh/a puppy panel between them in a unit? It would be ideal if they could be close to one another (sight, smell, warmth etc) but not be directly together, so Belle doesn't inadvertently injure Binx.
I can't travel in now. I have my children with me. 😪

I am so so sorry. It's hard to get your head things when one minute everything is fine and the next something awful and irreparable has happened.

If you want to go and see him I would do whatever you need to to make that happen. Perhaps someone could watch the children? x

Oh my word. I'm so sorry to read this. All paws crossed with lots of gentle nose rubs for your boy. He had the strength to get away from the dog, let's hope he has that same strength to hang on in there. I hope you get some positive news soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh dear me poor Binx :(

Sending all the ' get well' Vibes I can muster for him and all fingers and paws are crossed here for your little man

I'm so so sorry.. What an awful shock & fully understand how you feel!! :( :( :( but bunnies are such strong little things and Sending millions of vibes for you both Xxx

Last edited:
He wouldn't have even ran from the dog. He knows dogs (my dogs and friends) as being gentle animals with which he co-exits. He didn't stand a chance. He wouldn't have ran or anything. We only just moved here, we sold our house, this isn't even our home it's a temporary house untill we buy again. Binx is used to free ranging and his huge aviary was just not big enough. I can't believe this has happened. I need to move my bunnies somewhere safer. Maybe my mum's 😔

He wouldn't have even ran from the dog. He knows dogs (my dogs and friends) as being gentle animals with which he co-exits. He didn't stand a chance. He wouldn't have ran or anything. We only just moved here, we sold our house, this isn't even our home it's a temporary house untill we buy again. Binx is used to free ranging and his huge aviary was just not big enough. I can't believe this has happened. I need to move my bunnies somewhere safer. Maybe my mum's 😔

I've only just caught up with your thread. You did absolutely the right thing to get him to the vet. Will the vet X-ray in the morning? The sooner you know any more information the better.

As I mentioned earlier, shock is as bad as any injury. I know at the time you didn't know he was dragging his back legs. The vet will have him all warm and comfortable.

I am praying that your bunny will be OK. Let's hope for a positive outcome. xx

Just seeing this. I am so very sorry for you and Binx. (((((((((((Vibes))))))))))))
All my strongest prayers going for him to pull through and be well again. And (((((((Massive hugs)))))))))) for you. Don't be hard on yourself, something like this could've happened to anyone. I pray and hope that all will be well come the morning. xxxxxxx

I so hope Binx made it through the night. Your Vet did the right thing by not attempting to do any Xrays last night. The last thing a Rabbit in shock needs is lots of handling and more stress.

Millions more vibes being sent xx

Oh no, how awful :(
Millions of vibes that the little one was just in shock last night and has come though it this morning. Let us know when you hear xx

Last edited:
Back