• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help! Any ideas?

Thanks. I haven't lost anymore today, but that doesn't really mean much as went 3 days without losing any and then it started again :( The others all look okay and are all eating and drinking, none have got swollen bellies or diarrhoea which is promising. So just going to keep fingers crossed that maybe I am at the end of this.

So sorry I missed this thread. How awful for you. Me and the furries are sending you and yours the biggest hugs and lots of positive thoughts. So hope this is over for you. It's just everyone's worst nightmare isn't it.
Thinking of you.

Hiya Lind, i was thinking about you and the bunnies last night, how are they? and how are you?

Love Phillipa

Just caught up on this thread.

I have tears in my eyes reading this and seeing those pics of your dearly departed ones, Im so sorry, and know how difficult it is losing a much loved pet.

Healing vibes and hugs to you and the buns hope this turns round soon and we hear some happier news xxx

Thanks. All my adults seem okay at the moment,they are all eating,drinking and passing normal faeces at the moment. Unfortunately I lost 1 of the little babies that I am hand rearing this morning, with similar symptoms. 1 of the others is looking a bit bloated aswell today and only the little boy has passed any faeces,so they are now being treated with metoclopramide and pain killers although they are still taking their milk. Two of them are still bright and keep jumping out of their box and then realisisng they haven't got any hay and jump back in.

OMG I've just read through this thread... I'm so sorry. This is an absolute nightmare and I'm hoping beyond hope that the remaining bunnies pull through ok. My heart goes out also to the ones that didn't make it.

Hugs to you and your bunnies...

AMETHYST

Well they all seem to be okay now. I have lost 15 rabbits and 2 guinea pigs in total. Its been almost a week though since the last one died and all the others seem very bright and are eating and drinking well. So will keep my fingers crossed for now, but hopefully I think I am through the worst of it!

Just caught up with your thread - so sorry to hear your sad news - hope things are looking up for you now - thinking of you and keeping fingers crossedxx

Oh Lind im so glad things seem to be picking up, fingers and paws all crossed!!! Loads of Love Phillipa XXX

Back