• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help and vibes please upsys not well - ud booked in vets :(

when you say you wouldnt be looking at waiting that long do you mean, you'll be back soon, or I shouldnt wait and book the xray at my vets?

my poor baby :(

Ive just cleaned her 'scent glands' :(

and louise....my services are full of hammies! I cant move! Theyre everwhere!

;) I know you are fantastic for helping me out!:love::love::love: And putting up with the lack of organisation (me) in my house!:lol::lol::lol:

I mean I would be looking to find a savvy vet on monday and trying to get in for tuesday. there is obviously something wrong, and it need to be solved quickly to help upsy.

Just read through this, I'm sorry Upsy isn't well :( As Jane said, if it is a problem with her teeth roots, the only way to know for sure is to have xrays taken. Also, dental spurs at the back of the mouth can be hard to find during conscious examinations, so having xrays under a GA would allow for a full dental examination too.

Sending loads of vibes and hoping it's something that can be sorted easily.

if she is going to have a GA for the x ray get them to realy check her teeth while asleep ...sometimes there are spurs that cause probs hiding under the tongue or right at the back ..if there is anything get them to sort it there and then to save risk of another GA soon after .

my thumps used to get a spur that grew under his tongue sometimes that could NEVER be seen without knocking him out first .
while i think x rays are important i do think that it is more likely to be a simple spur causing the probs . :?

if she is going to have a GA for the x ray get them to realy check her teeth while asleep ...sometimes there are spurs that cause probs hiding under the tongue or right at the back ..if there is anything get them to sort it there and then to save risk of another GA soon after .

my thumps used to get a spur that grew under his tongue sometimes that could NEVER be seen without knocking him out first .
while i think x rays are important i do think that it is more likely to be a simple spur causing the probs . :?

Ditto to what Angie says :)

yeah theyre doing the works whilst shes under :(:(
do you think if they put her out and examin her find a problem she'll still need x ray?

yeah theyre doing the works whilst shes under :(:(
do you think if they put her out and examin her find a problem she'll still need x ray?

i suppose thats up to you .. if it was me id say no...but if you want to be sure and rule out other things then yes ..
make sure you make your wishes known before she goes . ;)

Back